Linkwitz Mods On Panasonic WM61A Mic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Unfortunately Panasonic exited the mike business, The WM61A is passing into history. Someone needs to find a successor. For flatness ST has some new MEMS mikes that are quite good with extended low frequency response. The SNR is very limited though. MEMS microphones - STMicroelectronics

Transound capsules are readily available. Some are a real step up in performance but not as small.

I don't see much new here. Did I show that little circuit with just two bipolars and capsule? It gets as much out of a WM61 as possible, "distortionless" output of volts and no added noise. I sort have gotten tired of explaining that you can't improve the noise except maybe by cutting away the baffle which grossly effects the flatness. People still put in a 2SK170 which makes the noise worse, the WM61 is just too small.

BTW electret microphones do not require an external bias, these guys are very confused. I also disclosed the feedback via the cut pin on the capsule on the micbuilders site years before this, didn't see the point of including it in the article because the capsule where the case is an input is hard to use. Zap or Eric could confirm that.

Pretty please ? I really can't find this circuit anywhere on diyaudio, I would really appreciate it if someone has it. Big thanks :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.