Triplett tube tester help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in need of some expertise.

I found an unbelievably mint 3444 for $300. Just received. The 3444 appears to function through all tests well. I only found one roll-chart bulb that was burned out. This was replaced. The electrolytics (several 30MFD at XXX VDC) have some slight leakage, and I will replace these asap.

The suspect problem I found is with the Gm CHECK control. I followed the adjustment procedure outlined in the manual. At some point during this check, as I depress and rotate the CHECK knob, the meter is supposed to "read full scale". I assume this means that the meter should go all the way to the right. However, regardless of the position of this knob, the meter moves only slightly off of zero. In other words, I get virtually no reaction performing this procedure.

One other piece of information. I experimented with the position of this CHECK control. Depending upon its position, it definitely changes the measured value of the readings, when I test a 6L6 tube that I have been using as a test piece. Therefore, I know that this CHECK control is important to the accuracy and precision of my 3444 tester. And I know that it is doing something. But my inability to adjust the tester using this procedure has me worried.

Do you have any advice for me? I believe that I am following the procedure (Page 6 in my red Triplett 3444 manual) to the letter. Perhaps it is operator error. Feel free to tell me that I'm the problem!

Thank you for taking the time, to read my post and consider my problem.
Frank

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.