• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Elektor PA 300 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've built several of theese. They are derived from something like a PA-600 originally published in Elrad many years ago. It's an easily scalable concept.

I made my own PCB layout and replaced the complete protection circuit. Due to the simplicity of the circuit, they are reliable and easy to build.

They exactly sound the way you would expect a "opamp input stage high feedback bipolar amplifier" to sound: somewhat compressed, a bit cold... IMHO, they are ok for PA use, especially for the low frequency range in active setups. Keeping big woofers under control is their strength.

If you need an amp for your band or party room, there you go. Use a bigger transformer and add some big caps in the power supply, though.

However, if you need an amp for your high end system, check the PassLabs designs.

Best regards, Oliver

Schematic

Could you send a schematics to this forum, this will be great. I have built a 50W current nfb IGBT amp ( replace IGBT by Hex Fets ). I had a lot of problems with it: cannot find a parts which pass to pcb, and a discription isn't good. I think T.Giesberts projects are too complicated, but if you like parameters ( thd < 0,0000....% ) those amps are very good.

Hi!

This is what I, have .

I'll send you by Email. Sign.

Regards zeoN_Rider

Attachments

• pa300-1.jpg
    pa300-1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 2,224
Hello Supernet,
I have built about 10 modules based on the Elektor circuit pa300
using MJ15003/4 they sound good and are reliable. I also use them in the amps i hire out and i get good comments from clients who hire them. One word of caution when using the ne5534
op amp you must connect a 47pf cap fron pin 6 to pin 2 of the op
amp or the module will oscillate. I am busy building the pa 600 at the moment and will post circuit and pictures as soon as i'm
finished.

Jacco, I respect your view, but I can't agree!
PA-300 looks good enough for general PA and HiFi purpouses, and nothing seems wrong arond the driver/OP stage.
I don't think that the linked design, called "Lynx" (that reminds me to Phase Linear 300 amplifier) would substantially beat PA-300's quality - except when used as a part of an audiophile system.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.