• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Elektor Current Dumper Op-Amp power Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Everyone
I was side-tracked by a London Power Amplifier DIY project....it was a all tube guitar pre-amplifier i finished a few weeks ago and it is GREAT now about the Elektor amplifier ihave just completed a proto type and it sounds very very good as i said....the last time i was up here it will be for guitar . I used the IRF MOSFETS as Quais suggested....but instead of the IRFP240 I USED A IRFP9240 and IRFP244 the current is 12amp and 15amp much closer . I made the proto on vector board it's nothing to look at ....i make a pic later.......but what i really want to say is THANKS Quasi......for the schematic ...and all others for your help

Dusk
ps i have picked up some radio stations on the amp.......but a RC circuit should fix this

IRFP9240 and IRFP244

Hello again

I used two pair of these V-Mosfet in my prototype of op-amp input/ mosfet power stage amplifier and as i had said their current are close(12a &15amp) i got this ideal from Kevin O'Connor of London Power Amplifier.........has anybody used them like this in their amplifier.......and by the way Mr. has a killer all-tube pre-amp for guitar diy from his book.....i know this is not a tube forum.....but it is very cool....imho......also has anyone made the Elektor op-amp base current power amplifier circuit if so pleaselet me aboutyour thoughs on it's sound...etc
my final version will be a 120watts per side monster and since it will be used as a guitar power amplifier .....iwill put in clipping ,overheating and other protection circuits for a hard driving rough life amplifier.

peace

The Elektor current-dumper or tube pre amp ??

Hi Netlist
For the Elektor current Dumper power amplifier....i got it from Quasi.....he is on this froum and if you want the schematic for the all-tube guitar it came out of Kevin O"Connor's book "Tonnes Of Tone" at amps@londonpower.com since it is copy-righted i don't know if i can post it here????

Peace

....oh i see you wanted the OP-AMP/Mosfet thingggy. good
in my version iupped the power supply to +/- 55 vdc and....i may even go further and try for 150watt/8 ohm per side using 3pair of mosfets...these cost very over here. (in the proto i used 2 pair) also i read about using other op-amp chip in the front-end........iam open to ideals.......also would love any other ideal on improving circuit of the amplifier........or others who have made this type of power amplifier circuit with mosfets IRF OR Hitachi. This is a hyrid circuit easy to make.....also i dig mosfets in a power amplifier......unlike my tube amplifiers.......don't have to replace them$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if kept in their SOA.

Siliconix AN83-5

Hi Forr
Thanks...........i will wait

Dusk

ps ..If anyone have the Elektor ...article on the TL071/mosfet power amplifier.....that is if it is in english......sorry only speak english....or read in it i would like to see it..........THANKS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.