• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

class a elektor headphone amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bad news, i accedently blew an output transistor because its heatsink came in contact with the other ones emitter resistor.

What do you think about using two of these: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/38417/SANKEN/STA434A.html as output transistors pressed against a heatsink ?

They are from a stepper driver, but i think they should work for audio too, tho they are darlington but i don´t think that should matter.

What do you think ?

Tekko said:
Bad news, i accedently blew an output transistor because its heatsink came in contact with the other ones emitter resistor.

What do you think about using two of these: http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/38417/SANKEN/STA434A.html as output transistors pressed against a heatsink ?

They are from a stepper driver, but i think they should work for audio too, tho they are darlington but i don´t think that should matter.

What do you think ?

I say you should not (can not) use those.
It is a totally different type.

Replace with original BD139/BD140, or MJE340/MJE350 which are in same TO126 class.
Eventually you could try some TO220 transistors, for example MJE15030/MJE15031.

And use your amplifier only for headphones.
To modify for driving loudspeakers, you need some experience to know what changes to make.

I know its an other type, its a darlington H-bridge but not connected to each other so i can easily hook them up as they were normal single darlington transistors.

I don´t have any of the transistors u suggested.

But if someone has a few over i´ll gladly take them.

The amp gladly drives speakers as is, i have played it loud and it doesent even get warm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.