Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Elektor

Elektor News and offers from Elektor Magazine

Old 27th January 2006, 09:58 AM   #11
Banned

Nobody ?
Old 27th January 2006, 12:48 PM   #12
Amp_Nut is offline Amp_Nut  India
diyAudio Member

With a + / - 15 V DC supply, the amp should infact be able to put out 10 Watts into 8 Ohms, though into 33 Ohms it would be 2.5 Watts and 'just' 0.25 Wats into 330 Ohms.

I recall this circuit though never built it. I am sure the circuit would have been repeated in their Summer Ckts, and books...
Old 27th January 2006, 01:07 PM   #13
Banned

I contacted elektor nd they replied that they was going to fix photocopies of this.
Old 27th January 2006, 02:35 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
Quote:
Originally posted by Tekko
Nobody ?
What is the question ?

The 2-device version was published in 1983, the 25volt rails version with 4 output devices in the 1992 Elektor Personal Hifi book.

Using MAT02 for the differential instead of the BC550C's is a big improvement, and separate LM317/337 regulation.
Here's an old board>
Attached Images
File Type: jpg elektor_headamp.jpg (60.9 KB, 1285 views)
Old 27th January 2006, 03:03 PM   #15
UrSv is offline UrSv  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Hi Tekko, the 10 W figure comes from my memory of the first article. This was in 8 Ohm as said but in Class AB as also mentioned. The amp was biased to run in Class A for the headphone impedance.

/UrSv, The member who sold it to Tekko...
Old 27th January 2006, 03:43 PM   #16
Banned

UrSv, i guess it pleases you to see that the amp is still in one piece and working.

What does the two pots next to each other do ? The standing ones is volume and the two in the middle of the transistor forest is bias, but the remaining two i dunno, offset ?
Old 27th January 2006, 07:07 PM   #17
tonecat is offline tonecat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default A blast from the past for me....

Just browsing and I thought I recognised your board layout - I built one of these (must have been around '83) together with a discrete preamplifier from ETI (remember Electronics Today International? ).

Just dug it out of the garage - as you can see - poor quality components used throughout!

I remember etching the board in my parent's back garden and stripping the paint off the door with Ferric Chloride (an accident).

I have long since lost the articles, and the peak-level indicator board appears to be missing, but I wonder if it still works...

NB. The piggy-back board is just a delay relay for the preamp (RH side of board) and I think the paint spots on the transistors was for gain matching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg oldpre.jpg (35.6 KB, 1195 views)
Old 27th January 2006, 07:59 PM   #18
Banned

Nice box
Old 27th January 2006, 08:12 PM   #19
tonecat is offline tonecat  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Nice box
Yeah, this enclosure was superb for audio projects - I remember getting all the bits from Maplin Electronics (or Maplin Electronic Supplies as they were then).

Tricky getting decent metal enclosures these days in the UK - everything seems to be made out of ABS plastic, or to fit the 19" rack system - really expensive too!

Plz anyone - any recommendations?

I'm stuffing boards for a Zen v4 (Penultimate) at the moment, so I'll probably use Al sheet and hardwood and build a case around the heatsinks.

Next project will be something along the lines of the SL10 or NS10 - this enclosure would have been ideal for these .
Old 27th January 2006, 08:56 PM   #20
Banned

If your version of the elektor amp doesent work anymore u could reuse the case to a new project.

Hide this!Advertise here!