Looking for Old Elector Tube Preamplifier article - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Elektor

Elektor News and offers from Elektor Magazine

Old 10th May 2005, 05:17 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Smile Looking for Old Elector Tube Preamplifier article

Hi All,

I'm looking for a copy of an old elector article that appeared many many years ago for a tube preamplifier (6 tubes - of 12AU7, 12AT7 or 12AX7?) with a tube rectifier power supply. Unfortunately, I can't remember the year it was published. I remember the main board was quite big, almost A4 in size.

I know it's like looking for a needle in the haystack, but just hoping that this request just might ring a bell with some members?

Regards,

Steve
Old 10th May 2005, 02:35 PM   #2
yagas is offline yagas  Greece
diyAudio Member

Take a look at :
http://www.elektor-electronics.co.uk...eo/Photography

Also at www.elektor-electronics.co.uk click at 'Construction Projects' then choose 'Audio-Video-Photography'

Michael
Old 10th May 2005, 02:55 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default odermatt

I think I do have all of this publications:

one is srpp
and on was from mr. Güls

If I take a look into my files I shure do find some info.

odermatt@odermatt.de is my e-mail-this is for shure all in German

Regards

Peter
Old 11th May 2005, 01:29 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Smile Elektor Tube Preamp Article - SRPP Design

Dear Yargis & Peter,

Thanks for the response. Yargis, thanks for the heads up and links to Elektor, but unfortunately it was not this design that I was looking for.

The tube preamplifier article I recall was possibbly an SRPP design and possibly appeared in the late 80's to early 90's hence it is not possible to search for on the Elektor web page as their index goes to 1998 only.

I think Peter is correct in referring to the SRPP design, he may be aware of the article that I am referring to.

Regards,

Steve
Old 11th May 2005, 09:39 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

yes, the elector article was an srpp from Mr. Güls.

It was an adaption of the srpp from K.Anzai (1969)

If someone can mail the article, I´m interested too, because I can´t find mine in my archive.

Reinhard
Old 12th May 2005, 10:36 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default srpp

If I find it I will post it-by the way my dealer sells a kit with a modified pcb for 149 euro with all prts 6 tubes and poti without power suppy and case!! works pretty well

look at jogi's röhrenbude and there for meine top firmenlinks-there is a dealer called "walter elektronik" who sells kits and I think(I am shure) this is what you are looking for my friend otherwise I will have a look in my files -I also have the original design slights to produce the riaa and line pre on pcb.

kind regards

peter

Ps He has also the input therminal for about 39€ as presented in elektor (all parts and pcb-this is what I use for my projects) helps a lot and comes with a Lorlin 2x6 switch.
Old 12th May 2005, 12:19 PM   #7
docali is offline docali  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

see this link:
http://www.jogis-roehrenbude.de/Vers...VV/SRPP-VV.htm

There you will find find all the information you need!
Old 13th May 2005, 01:46 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Talking Elektor SRPP Preamplifier - Feb/March, 1987

Dear Peter & Docali,

Thanks for the information. I have just looked at the link which Docali provided, 100%, spot on! This is the design that I was looking for. Thanks for making my day.

Although I do not understand the German, all I need is the circuit diagrams and the layouts.

Many thanks for your help with locating this one!

Regards,

Steve
Old 13th May 2005, 06:37 AM   #9
docali is offline docali  Germany
diyAudio Member

You can buy the completely finished amplifier circuit on PCB in germany:
http://www.walter-elektronik.de

Additionally, an appropriate HV PCB is available.

I built this amplifier but made some modifications. I reduced the cathode resistors für ECC81 and ECC82 and did some modifications of the RIAA filter section because I did some Spice simulations with the original circuit and the results were not satisfactory for me. If you are interested, let me know.
Old 13th May 2005, 07:19 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Smile Elektor Electronics SRPP Preamp

Dear Docali,

Thanks for the reply and the fresh Info. I just sent and email off to Walter Electronics to enquire if they have the HV power supply board for the preamp as this would save me allot of time and hassle.

I actually have the main board built from many years ago and all the chassis work done. The only thing that is outstanding is the power supply and final wiring and I would have it up and running. I dropped the finalization of this preamp several years ago as I fell terribly ill and was hospitalized for several months. It is only now many years later that I found this project stored away in my cabinet and it has re-started my interest.

You guessed it, I was however unable to find the original article and circuits, hence my original post on Diyaudio for help and thanks to you I now have all the details to complete the job started off so many years ago.

Yes I would be very interested to receive details from you of any subsequent modifications you made.

I shall hopefully have this completed within this year. Now to complete the power supply and locate the appropriate transformer. I would like to try and locate a HV "R" core transformer if possible since I have already made so much effort on the rest of it. I have a custom made chassis which looks like a exact replica of an Audio Research cabinet, even the knobs are crafted replicas of the AR knobs. I will not be utilizing the relay switching system in the article as I have opted for some precision "Tokyo Ko-on" selector switches as well as a very high grade "Tokyo Ko-on" volume. All the RCA's installed are high quality "Vampire" RCA sockets. It is a substatial build and once finished I can email some photos if you are interested.

Warm regards,

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!