• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Crescendo ampilifier elektor1982

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
amplifierguru said:
Referring to your posted schema. It's such a pity that it's sooo
wasteful of supply. That's the price you pay for running MOSFETs as source followers. The gigant has conceded and run higher drive supplies to reclaim some of the output losses.
If you think power losses in dB's it isn't so much. Can you hear it? I know also the feeling of squeezing out as much as you can. I added extra PS in my QRO design.

Danne,
another swedish forum you can consider if you don't master english is www.faktiskt.se.

In Swedish:
Danne om det känns svårt med engelska språket, prova då även www.faktiskt.se, det kommer inte accepteras även av svenskspråkiga att du skriver på svenska då detta forum som är avsedd för alla, vilket innebäratt det skrivs endast på det "internationella språket" engelska iaf på detta forum, hoppas det är ok. :)

mvh Michael

danne_linkinpar said:
What you mean??
Let's say that you get 200 W (= 57 V peak at 8 ohms) out if you manage to get almost the same top voltage as the supply voltage, but your design allow you to get only 45 Vpeak, then you'll get 126 Watts out and this give you only 2 dB less output power and also in sound pressure level. 2dB is very little. You hardly hear it in real music. If you increase the level out with only 2 dB, it's very little.

The reason I used higher supply voltage for the driver was only that I was hungry for watts.

Hi, can someone help me whit my Crescendo??
I think you should find a swedish forum and search for members that actually build the amplifier for you.
Everything else would be too dangerous for you and your enviroment.
As there´s no free lunch some homework for you:
Look up the words thread-jacking, check the forum rules and write a little essay about Ohms law.

Schema 1982

:angel:

Attachments

• cres1c9wnsch.jpg
    cres1c9wnsch.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,238
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.