• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Crescendo ampilifier elektor1982

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hej alla svenskar, and other Crescendo fans too! :)

I think you swedish guys should trust the english version of the Crescendo project published in the beginning of 80's.
Bill Cedrum who translated the magazine to swedish (Allt om Elektronik) is not an engineer and used to have a technical flawed language, but he have learned throughout the years.

:att'n: A note to you all regarding the picture of a Crescendo attached inPost #43, the output resistors (white reactangular) on that picture are wire-wounded, these are idunctive and is a big cause why Crescendo oscillated:att'n:

Change to 5 x 1 Ohm and 1 watt film-resistors per each wirewounded resistor.

Lycka till! ;)

danne_linkinpar said:
How many amper give the Crescendo 250w mosfet???

Ohm's law tell you that.
If the output power is 250W-RMS, and the speaker's impedance is 4ohm, then the RMS current is 7,9A, and the peak current is 11,18A.

Sorry, but if you cannnot calculate it yourself, and you don't know Ohm's law, I dont suggest you to bulid a 250W rated amplifer.

I have it!

Danne, I can help you out. I have all the schemas you need. Just mail me your home adress and I mail them to you.

My Crescendo 180W has been doing very well many years. Now I want to make a modern version, changing the boards and reuse chassis and power supply.

Therefore, any suggestions of improvements is of interest. I have started to collect them on my home page. Comments please!

Improvements of 1982 Crescendo 180W

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.