• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Elektor USA group discount

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi all,

You guys may have noted that Elektor magazine has now come to the USA. Their intro sub is priced at $ 39.95 for a year.
I talked to one of their editors (they are close to where I live) and they offered a discount on the sub if I would get them at least 25 new subs: for just $ 34.95 for a year.

Check out the contents at http://www.elektor.com/elektor.uk.35.lynkx . In addition to regular audio contents they also have general electronics projects and articles. A must for the serious diy'er.

You game?

Jan Didden

I'm game. Ever since Wireless World sold it's soul I've been jonesing for a little electrical stimulation. I used to read Elektor back in the '80's and remember some very state-of-the-art analog synth projects that got me salivating.

How is it translated? Hopefully by people with engineering backgrounds:)

sign me up!

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
krish2487 said:
i would have signed if only i was based in america
but sadly i am not..:ashamed:

still
is there any point in asking if the subscription extends to india??
34.95 is dirt cheap..
thats almost as much as i pay for crap electronics mags here...
:mad:

Hi Krish,

Unfortunately, Elektor is not (yet) published in India. Your only option would be to take out a UK subscription, but that has another (higher) price.
I agree, $ 34.95 is dirt cheap. Can't think they make any money on that.

Jan Didden

They make money, because then they can go to advertisers and say, "See we have X number of subscribers". Right now they have none. After they get enough subscribers to support advertising, they will raise the rates. A lot of times the magazine keeps it the same rate for initial subscribers.

Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.