• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Elektor Crescendo from cadsoft.de

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ,

I am in process of building the Elektor Crescendo amplifier.

I used the eagle board availalable at ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/eagle/userfiles/projects/diycres.brd.

following is a brief story about my project.

This is my first project from scratch(etching the board).

I some have managed to collect the all matching components as per the board and few near matching components.
I used all matching active components and few near matching passive components.

I am experimenting with low power version by using single pair of mosfets j162/k1058 from hitachi.

My multimeter shows on the baord as 28 to 29 plus and minus volts.

when I first powered the board and I did not dare to connect the power mosfets did some some simulations at mje340/mje350 bjit's,I found ac voltage flactuation from .02 to 13 volts then proceeded to power the mosfets thinking my mosfet driver stage is perfect.

When I powered the output stage the output resistors were heating to cup a tea.

Then I disconnected resistors to the output both sides N and P channel and checked the dc voltage and I realized I bought a blown MOS k1058 which was giving 22 volts when no gate voltage is applied.

Then I bought another k1058 which looked a genuine and powered ,this time every thing looked stable no too much heat dissipation.

But my problem is my mosfets does not amplify.

From my multimeter I see the gate and source volatges are same .

Did I again blowed the mosfets ?.

suggessions are appriciated, I am behind it for last 15 days(day and night).

Found where I am commiting mistake

It looks I asked a dry query or a repeating story,no one responded to my last post.

Any way I found where I was doing the mistake.

I rectified it by a suggession found from the diyers in some forum.

I was switching the fets to the maximum, when I am powering my board by biasing at 0ohms and consequently frying the fets.

When I adjusted bias to some 500ohms my board became stable.

Now I am able to get amplified signal but I still have a query.

I could get peak 1 amp at 10hms from my prototype but I could not see any huge variation of signal at the source, while I could see a vairiation of 0 to 13 mv at gate. And the same volatge is showing in my multimeter 0-13 v.
How much wattage I am getting from my board ? how can I caliculate this ?.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.