• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Ton Giesberts - High-End Power Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone heard/built this amp.

It is published in Elektor Electronics - 3/2005

AB Class, looks nice.. too pity it is only 26W on 8 ohm...

Measured performance

Slew rate 18 V/μs
Rise time 2 μs

Signal to noise ratio 111 dBA 101 dB (22 Hz to 22 kHz linear)

Harmonic distortion plus noise 0.0014% (1 W) 0.0037 % (15 W)

Damping factor > 450 1 kHz/8 Ω
> 230 20 kHz/8 Ω

THD+N 1 kHz 0.48 %
THD+N 20 kHz 0.53 %

Is it allowed if I attach PDF with complete project and test measurements, graphs... since it is from magazine?

I suppose we cannot do that..because the copyrigth belongs to the magazine

If you produce your own schematic, into a simulator, or remove indications of property.... serial numbers, factory numbers, maybe you will be able to do that without problems.

But the entire copy....hummmm.... i suppose will face some criticisms.

A hand draw schematic, or made into simulator, or a sketch published will not be a problem.... will be disconnected from the magazine published material.

Your own comments, your own translation, your version, of the tests made... this is more acceptable.

Your construction, your own evaluation...this is something better.... the magazine copy may be problematic.

This is my point of view.... i am not absolutelly sure about forum management point of view...but i suppose not so different than mine...... and yours point of view too, because you did not have published because you had suspections that would not be 100 percent acceptable.

You can say that you think that the schematic came from the Elector Magazine..but if you say page, date, magazine number..well... the copy is clear.... we need to be creative.

I cannot talk as forum management...i am just a forum user alike you are...i have not this rigth, or permission....i am just answering you..... because it is awfull when we post things and no answer.... when people ignore us....to cooperate with you only.

Everything i told is my personal, subjective, point of view...this can be different from forum managament point of view...but i suppose not so different because i am observing their reaction those last 3 years.

In my country...no problems..we are very free.....copyrigth here is the rigth to copy.... say....you have the rigth to copy...not so civilized, not so modern, not so nice..but this is the way things run here.

Elector things interest a lot of folks.... almost all of us love those magazines.... texts are good, schematics are simple..fine to construct...but as you told, in advance, the material belongs to the magazine...well...now we have created a problem.

Maybe to open another thread.... and say....i found this schematic into the web....maybe this way.

regards,

Carlos

Ton Giesberts works for Elektor, makes the design Elektor property.
The schematic of the H-E poweramp has been posted on other forums and the BOM is on every online Elektor page.
The design requires obsolete dual-in-one bjt 2SA1349/2SC3381 and the design is a couple of years old, Elektor and Giesberts should be pleased with additional PR.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.