Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 2nd April 2018, 04:07 AM   #1
Bartguy is offline Bartguy
diyAudio Member

Default TU-8600 wire braiding question

Hi, I've been following the Lundahl transformer photos from the forum to figure out how to connect them. But I see a photo of the grey, green, black wires that connect to the secondary board are braided. So I figured out how to braid three wires and have braided them. But I don't see in the picures whether the four white, blue, orange, red wires for the primary are braided or not. So...

1. Should the four primary wires be braided?
2. Are the braids functional or just aesthetic? I've seen amps where two wires are twisted to reduce noise caused by magnetic fields. But I'm not sure whether three or more wires can be twisted or braided to do the same thing. If the braids serve an electronic purpose, is there a specific way they should be braided? It seems like three wire braids are pretty standard, but there are multiple methods of braiding four wires/strands on Youtube.

If the four wires should be braided, could anybody point me to an online video that shows me the technique?

Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:42 AM   #2
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Forget braiding, twisting is more effective at reducing EMI and maintaining close coupling

TU-8600 wire braiding questionHide this!Advertise here!