Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 13th March 2018, 06:13 PM   #1
Kyngfish is offline Kyngfish  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Buzzing TU8600

Hey - so my amp was completely silent. But when I moved to my new house, the faceplates are the type that don't have any screws showing, and the Japanese style power chord with the separate ground that connected to the faceplate screw, and I assume, grounded through the outlet box, no longer worked, so I stuck a normal three prong plug into the amp. I noticed right away there was a slight difference. The amp was still silent, but when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly.

Now I bought a new turntable, and it grounds through I think the right channel of the amp, and I'm hearing a slight buzz all the time when I turn it on.

Any advice on how to fix this? What makes the Japanese cable so different?
Old 13th March 2018, 08:33 PM   #2
scottjoplin is offline scottjoplin  Wales
diyAudio Member

Is the faceplate 3 pin? Check you have continuously between the volume knob, chassis and protective earth
Old 14th March 2018, 04:59 AM   #3
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly. Yes ....
If you have R27 volume pot, you need to sand the area around the R27 washer to make sure you have a good grounding with the chassis.

alternative method
inset a U-shaped terminal
Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by vkung; 14th March 2018 at 05:11 AM.
Old 14th March 2018, 07:23 PM   #4
Kyngfish is offline Kyngfish  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkung View Post
when I touched the volume there was a slight buzzing, so I assume it's not grounding correctly. Yes ....
If you have R27 volume pot, you need to sand the area around the R27 washer to make sure you have a good grounding with the chassis.

alternative method
inset a U-shaped terminal
Click the image to open in full size.
Thanks Victor - second question - I have a new turntable that grounds through the right channel on the preamp for the turntable, and the preamp I think grounds through the right channel in the amp. Does the 8600 right channel have a ground I can check? I'm also getting a similar buzzing when using the turntable. I don't really care about the turntable, but if there's a problem with the grounding in the amp, I want to make sure to fix.

Thanks!
Old 15th March 2018, 04:14 AM   #5
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Does the 8600 right channel have a ground I can check? NO.. If you have good grounding, you should not have any buzzing .. Please use the above methods

Buzzing TU8600Hide this!Advertise here!