Go Back   Home > Forums > > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 7th December 2017, 09:09 PM   #11
Steve Morley is offline Steve Morley  Canada
diyAudio Member

One more, well really two more things:
1. Tungsol reissue 12AT7 are decent, almost as good as NOS Mullard and not nearly so flaky and fraught with problems.
2. Try replacing the coupling caps (C3, 4, 9 & 10) with mid grade Mundorfs. Even the standard Supreme (about at about $11 each) should provide a sonic lift. Just put 50 to 100 hours on them before judging.

Steve
Old 8th December 2017, 01:06 AM   #12
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Morley View Post
One more, well really two more things:
1. Tungsol reissue 12AT7 are decent, almost as good as NOS Mullard and not nearly so flaky and fraught with problems.
2. Try replacing the coupling caps (C3, 4, 9 & 10) with mid grade Mundorfs. Even the standard Supreme (about at about $11 each) should provide a sonic lift. Just put 50 to 100 hours on them before judging.

Steve
Yes, Steve I'm already using the Tungsol 12AT7 (great recommendation), as for coupling caps, I went with Wima MKP-10, fit really nice, I've been so tempted to go with the Mundorf upgrade but I have liked the sound from this amp so well I've stalled, since you recommend I guess I'm gonna have to do it..I'll let you know how it turns out...Thanks man, Cheers...
Old Yesterday, 01:37 AM   #13
Mancave62 is offline Mancave62  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 6550 tube

The 6550 tube in this amp is by far my favorite so far. Wow, I have done many many comparisons, the 6550 is huge, full big punchy bass, crisp detailed highs, seems to be much tighter than the KT88's. I know this is subjective but isn't that what HIFI is all about...I'm having fun with this great amp...

Elekit 8200 Tube rollingHide this!Advertise here!