TU-8200 upgrade parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Amtrams AMRS Carbon resistor
AMRS 1/2W 12 Ω 12 R3, R4 , R19, R20, R21, R22
AMRS 1/2W 180 Ω 2 R37, R38
AMRS 1/2W 1K Ω 6 R5, R6, R11, R12, R35, R36
AMRS 1/2W 22K Ω 2 R29, R30
AMRS 1/2W 100K Ω 4 R1, R2, R15, R16
AMRS 1/2W 330K Ω 2 R9, R10

Amtrans AMRA
AMRA 1W 27K Ω 4 R7, R8, R13, R14

Amtrans
AMCH 630V 3300 pF 2 C17, C18

AMCO 630V 0.1 uF 2 C3, C4, C9, C10

ELEKIT TU 8200

Hello from Queensland Australia,

My first post so go easy!

I have 2 spare Mundorf Supreme Evo Caps rated at .47uf 1000V, that I wrongly bought for a Eleklit TU 8500 build. They where far too big to fit.

Does anybody know where they would be best used in the TU8200? In the C3/4 or C9/10 location? Looks like they will fit OK in the Elekit TU8200.

The build instructions say that anything over 0.1uf and at least 400V can be used as replacements. I don't want them to go to waste as they where $18 each to buy here.

If I can use them what other 2 caps would be OK that are no too expensive?

I can get .47uf /450v Mcap EVO oil for $12 each is what I am looking at getting

Thanks in advance
ChrisB:D

There are other Mundorfs trhat might fit

Check out the Partsconnexion site. Look at the individual Mundorf caps (if you are especially partial to Mundorfs) to find one that fits. It's probably not worthwhile going to a larger value. Stick with something in the 0.1 to 0.22uf range. The Mundorf EVOs tend to be short but large in diameter. Maybe a basic Supreme, see second link. Or a ZN, (third link) they're OK too and smaller than the Supremes, not to be confused with Diana Ross and the.

Steve

Mundorf Film Capacitors

https://www.partsconnexion.com/media/pdfs/mundorf_supreme.pdf

https://www.partsconnexion.com/media/pdfs/mundorf_zn.pdf

ELEKIT TU 8200 CAPS

I sourced locally from Melbourne 4 x 0.22uF 1400V M-Cap Supreme Capacitor - MU-MCAPS0u22-1400. For $15.50 Australian pesos plus shipping which seems a reasonable price

They should fit; the spacer is 22mm and the cap is 20mm here's hoping.

Is it convention to have the printed writing facing the longer wire (away from the outside foil) The shorter wire is supposed to be the outside foil?

Thanks

Hi Viktor! It's been nearly a year since we talked or communicated. I'm loving my two Elekits. If you guys introduce another I'd be game to make it!

My question...For the 8200, can I use these to upgrade from the AMTRANS PET Film caps?

Mundorf Capacitor 0.1uF 1000Vdc MCap® Supreme EVO SilverGold Black SESG

They are Mundorf 0.1uF 1000Vdc MCap® Supreme EVO SilverGold Black SESG

Any other upgrades you like? I did the AMTRANS upgrade on build and I'd like to maximize performance of the unit as I love it.

Everyone draws the line between just affordable and too expensive in a different place. For me it's between the price of a Mundorf Supreme Silver Oil and all of the more expensive Mundorfs. The standard Mundorf supreme is a nice cap and it's hard to go wrong with it. The Supreme Silver Oil is just that little bit better without having to take out a second mortgage. Is it worth 3 times the price of a standard Supreme? Sorry, that's your call. Have you seen?: Humble Homemade Hifi - Cap Test

What have you tried for output tubes? I've found the Genalex reissue KT77 one of the best all-round tubes in the EL34 family of tubes. Jim McShane in your neck of the woods could sort you out with a good pair. They are pricey compared to a say an E-H EL34 but the performance improvement could be worth it.

In your shoes I'd go for a standard Mundorf supreme and a set of Genalex KT77s and never look back.

Hope this helps, Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.