Troubleshooting for the Elekit TU-879S 6L6GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought a TU-879S from the kind and professional Victor Kung (vkung) about two weeks ago. It arrived last week and I built it last weekend. After about 10 hours of meticulous assembly, I flipped the switch only to see absolutely nothing happen. I checked to make sure all 3 tubes were seated properly, flipped the on/off switch a few times, and let it sit in the on position for a while, all with no luck.

I was extremely careful with placing and soldering each of the parts, especially those with polarity, and I've checked the board many times to make sure my solders 'look good.'

That said, I am no electrician, and this is my first serious soldering project.

I have a multimeter at my disposal, and I've had recommendations to test for continuity, so that is my next step. Is there anything else I'm overlooking?

I know I can contact Victor directly -- he offered his time and help from the start, but I figured a post to a forum would benefit others, and I've seen no other troubleshooting thread.

Thanks all!
Grayson

Just a quick check of the fuses - very easy to get the .3 amp in the place where the 2.0 amp should be. (This happened to me the first time and I didn't hear the fuse open up). There should be an extra pair of fuses in your kit, they are just hard to see the stamped indication on the end caps of the fuse. Hope this is an easy fix?

Got it to turn on!

I'll try hooking it up to a source later tonight :)

There was a cold solder on the on/off switch. My boss is good with electronics and gave me a hand -- he saw that the solder looked bad right away, we tested it with the multimeter, and sure enough it was.

Hopefully it's fully working when I get home! :)

PS - regarding fuses: I checked those multiple times -- all good. Now there's proof ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.