Elekit TU-879S 6L6GC - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Elekit

Elekit News and products from Elekit

Old 13th February 2012, 11:34 AM   #71
Gobble is offline Gobble  India
diyAudio Member

I found a slightly longer m3 nut that went deeper into the chassis and screwed into the FET.

I suppose the idea is for the screw to touch the chassis and do some heat transfer via the nut? Or is it to radiate the heat into open air?

Thanks

--G
Old 18th February 2012, 11:47 PM   #72
mboxler is offline mboxler  United States
diyAudio Member

I've decided to jump onto the bandwagon! According to Canada Post, my amp has entered a foreign country (mine I hope), and should be here next week.

Wish me luck!

Mike
Old 1st March 2012, 07:15 PM   #73
diyAudio Member

Default Elekit TU-879S

Please, does anybody in the world have schematic diagram of 879S? I really need it, want to construct something but need reference.
Please...
Old 13th March 2012, 04:31 PM   #74
diyAudio Member

Default My build is complete!

Finally overcame my procrastination in Jan to finish it. Been listening to it for a month now. I posted a review here :My latest build - the Elekit TU879S since it is my local hangout.

Cheers
--G0bble
Old 13th March 2012, 04:40 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldi123 View Post
Please, does anybody in the world have schematic diagram of 879S? I really need it, want to construct something but need reference.
Please...
According to the positive feedback review -
Quote:
The Elekit TU-879S is built on an elegantly modified Williamson circuit, and will accept a myriad of upgrades.

If you look up all the upgrade/mods link in the urls, you will find bits and pieces of the circuit diagram, but I think Victor only provides circuit after purchase.

HTH
--G0bble

Old 18th March 2012, 12:12 AM   #76
diyAudio Member

Just ordered mine today.
Old 18th March 2012, 12:48 AM   #77
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

you should be happy about TU-879s.
Old 26th March 2012, 01:14 AM   #78
diyAudio Member

Ordered from Victor on Sunday, the amp arrived on Friday, I finished the build on Saturday and have been enjoying it ever since.

I think I have found a new (potentially expensive) hobby.

I do have a questions/concern;
When I test from a point on the enclosure, to the ground on my power outlet (using a digital fluke multimeter) with the unit plugged in but turned off (not connected to any input or speakers) I read 50 Vac. I get 25 Vac when it's turned on. Is this a safety issue? There is no problem with the sound output and I don't see any pinched wires or components touching the enclosure.
Old 11th April 2012, 08:10 PM   #79
diyAudio Member

Default TU-879 with TU-875

Hi Everyone! I just thought I'd share a couple of photos of my Elekit setup. I initially built the TU-879 amplifier and was thrilled with it. Victor later sold me some Vitamin Q caps and an upgraded potentiometer for it. This amp is well broken in by now as it gets around 5 hours a day of play time.

Since the TU-879 was so easy and so much fun to build with such a great sound, I decided to order a TU-875 preamp as well. At first, I intended to use this with a different system, since it never really occurred to me to place a preamp in front of an integrated amp like the TU-879. I had always thought it best to keep the signal path as simple as possible.

But the addition of the turntable to the system necessitated a phono preamp and I wanted to spend some time listening to the TU-875's onboard phono pre, so I put it in the chain ahead of the TU-879 amplifier. I was very surprised to find that I much preferred the sound of the TU-875/TU-879 combination to the sound of the TU-879 by itself. We just love it. This system produces a detailed sound that somehow does not fatigue you. With the Zu Omen speakers, the 9 watt TU-879 offers more than enough power.

If you have thought about building a TU-879 amp, don't hesitate. It has to be one of the greatest hi fi bargains out there right now, and you also get the pride of having built it yourself. And if you're game, adding the TU-875 preamp gives you a very good phono stage and also, to my ears, a rich and detailed presentation.

I spent quite a lot of time rolling tubes on the TU-879 and finally arrived at my favorites: Current production Tung Sol 6L6G and Tung Sol 12AX7. I am still using the stock Electro Harmonix 12AU7s in the preamp, but they seem to be quite good. I may try some Tung Sols in there as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TU-875 with TU-879.jpg (220.6 KB, 180 views)
File Type: jpg Elekits with Zu Omen.jpg (192.9 KB, 173 views)
Old 11th April 2012, 08:28 PM   #80
vkung is offline vkung  Canada
diyAudio Member

Tung Sol 5881 is worth a try

Hide this!Advertise here!