Notice about orders placed using the EU Hifi2000 direct order form recently

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
We have just discovered that the Hifi2000 direct order form at - Hifi2000 direct order form - has been out of order since July 14th when I tightened up the mail server to defend us against some spammer hacking. If you placed an order using that form and wondered why you didn't get a reply, this is why. It's now back up and working. Most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you Mr. Jason for the answer, but if I live in Europe, when the new diyaudio store will be launched, I will can buy an amp camp kit directly from Europe and the shipping taxes will be much smaller? In that way I can avoid VAT taxes wich is 24% from total value of package (product price plus shipping taxes) and customs taxes wich is 3.3% from total value of package (product price plus shipping taxes plus VAT). So, if I buy an amp camp kit directly from USA it will cost me totally 536 $ (almost double the price from the store).

Last edited:
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Thank you Mr. Jason for the answer, but if I live in Europe, when the new diyaudio store will be launched, I will can buy an amp camp kit directly from Europe and the shipping taxes will be much smaller? In that way I can avoid VAT taxes wich is 24% from total value of package (product price plus shipping taxes) and customs taxes wich is 3.3% from total value of package (product price plus shipping taxes plus VAT). So, if I buy an amp camp kit directly from USA it will cost me totally 536 $ (almost double the price from the store).

Hi George,

Ah, EU VAT... the bane of my present diyAudio store existence... EU VAT is complex, and handling VAT triangulation is nothing short of a nightmare. We might consider having an EU branch of the diyAudio store in the future, but it's not on the cards for now. We used to import everything into a UK warehouse but the paperwork and complications weren't worth the time and effort considering our small sales volume at the time.

As for your question, right now the the Amp Camp Kit can currently only be purchased from the USA. It can also only be purchased as one piece, with the Heatsinks and the parts all in one as we need to ensure everything sells out all at once and we don't get stuck with leftovers. However we may change that in the future to make it easier for EU members to get access to it, and allow the chassis to be purchased from Hifi2000 via the new store, and the parts from the US via the new store, which would alleviate shipping and VAT costs. Note however, that whether you buy from outside the EU, or inside the EU, you'll have to pay VAT (either as import VAT or as regular sales VAT on an intra-EU purchase)...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.