Back panel parts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th September 2015, 03:48 AM   #1
drpro is offline drpro  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Back panel parts

I have resigned myself to purchasing another 4U deluxe amp case directly from Hifi 2000. The one thing that was really nice was the back panel kit of parts from the store. I realize I can source these individually. Does anyone out there have a list of were they were purchased from?

Thanks
David
Old 16th September 2015, 01:01 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

+1

Or a list of the part #'s (or key dimensions) so the can be sourced elsewhere, Europe in my case.

The back panel PDF for the updated case is not detailed enough (for example screw holes around new larger XLR/RCA sockets).
Old 24th September 2015, 02:27 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpro View Post
I have resigned myself to purchasing another 4U deluxe amp case directly from Hifi 2000. The one thing that was really nice was the back panel kit of parts from the store. I realize I can source these individually. Does anyone out there have a list of were they were purchased from?

Thanks
David
I'm in the same boat, waited long enough. Do you know if they will drill the standard pattern for DIY store boards? Same question for the rear panel pattern? I assume they do it for DiyStore?? I can find the 4U and 5u chassis, (without heatsinks) and I can find the heatsinks, but not both together...DrPro, what did you order for 4U previously?

Russellc

Last edited by Russellc; 24th September 2015 at 02:36 PM.
Old 24th September 2015, 02:31 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I've figured it out for the RCA/XLR and speaker.

The RCA/XLR are Neutrink, such as the Neutrik NF2D9 RCA:

Click the image to open in full size.

Speaker holes seem to be designed for WBT posts:

For AC in I have not been able to find one that fits. I have ordered one that is just slightly too wide and too short in height, and will likely need to shave off some plastic to get it to fit.
Old 24th September 2015, 02:38 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioexplorations View Post
I've figured it out for the RCA/XLR and speaker.

The RCA/XLR are Neutrink, such as the Neutrik NF2D9 RCA:

Speaker holes seem to be designed for WBT posts:

For AC in I have not been able to find one that fits. I have ordered one that is just slightly too wide and too short in height, and will likely need to shave off some plastic to get it to fit.
The AC in is a scherter part, I tracked down what I thought it was, I will double check its measurements and compare to the hole in my 5U case

Russellc
Old 24th September 2015, 03:23 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

You are right, such as this one: http://www.schurter.com/var/schurter...f/typ_6765.pdf

Old 24th September 2015, 10:17 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioexplorations View Post
Yup.
Old 25th September 2015, 04:51 PM   #8
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Sorry for the lack of response on this thread. I will get you the information you're looking for as soon as I can.

I'm going to be focused on re-launching the store, fully equipped with hifi2000 products, as soon as possible. I hope to have it fully operational within 1-2 weeks.
Old 25th September 2015, 05:16 PM   #9
drpro is offline drpro  United States
diyAudio Member

Russell, I am needing 2 4U deluxe chassis. I have another F4 and a new F6 build going at the same time. Having to spread the purchases out, (that money thing!) so now that Jason has responded, I am willing to wait till the store has them in stock.

David
Old 25th September 2015, 05:24 PM   #10
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

FYI we have just discovered that the Hifi2000 direct order form at Hifi2000 direct order form has been out of order since July 14th when I tightened up the mail server to defend us against some spammer hacking. If you placed an order using that form and wondered why you didn't get a reply, this is why. It's now back up and working. Most sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Hide this!Advertise here!