F-5 Turbo boards - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th May 2013, 02:04 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

On each output of the store board, there is a place for two mod fets and two diodes. For v3, you would put two boards of like pairs one sink, two boards of opposing pair on opposite sink, and drive with single FE board. You then have a V3 monoblock
Old 15th May 2013, 02:50 AM   #12
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
On each output of the store board, there is a place for two mod fets and two diodes. For v3, you would put two boards of like pairs one sink, two boards of opposing pair on opposite sink, and drive with single FE board. You then have a V3 monoblock
Buzzforb,

Thank you for the clarification!

Regards,
Old 21st May 2013, 01:54 AM   #13
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

would be nice to see the schematic, bom, and the connection diagram, unless that is indicated in the schematic - for these particular boards. Someone asked me to take a look at what was available, and while his needs probably are best met by the F5c since they are not currently available looking at these.

I'm a bit confused about it. Not the schematic in NP's pdf, but by this 4 board layout...

More info would be good.

_-_-bear
Old 21st May 2013, 01:57 AM   #14
sts9fan is offline sts9fan  United States
diyAudio Member

Yeah, because the component numbers don't match NPs a BOM would be VERY helpful.
Old 21st May 2013, 02:05 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

I can take pics of mine, if it would help.
Old 21st May 2013, 02:10 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Quote:
I'm a bit confused about it. Not the schematic in NP's pdf, but by this 4 board layout...

More info would be good.
Me too. Like to see a hook up diagram.

Thx
Old 21st May 2013, 11:41 AM   #17
sts9fan is offline sts9fan  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzforb View Post
I can take pics of mine, if it would help.
That would be helpful.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:03 PM   #18
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Well, is this basic layout discussed anywhere, like in another thread??

I have taken a look around at the various F5t threads and have not come across it.

What does the small board do? Does it hold only the two JFets and associated parts? Why the 4 boards and not 2?

I actually own a set of Tea-Bag's boards, so I'm not totally unfamiliar with the F5t, but I'm a bit confuzered at this point. (maybe I can figgureit out by looking at the higher res images of the boards...)

_-_-

Edit: the res on the high res is barely enough to see the details. I don't quite see it...
feel a bit dense, but it's hard to tell if the "driver" board is splittable or not for example, and if it works as a stand alone amp, or how ur supposed to use the other boards.

Personally, I feel nervous about stability and possible parasitic issues with there being much distance between the jfets and the outputs...

Anyhow, more info would be mo' bettah...

Last edited by bear; 21st May 2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 21st May 2013, 12:32 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Quote:
What does the small board do? Does it hold only the two JFets and associated parts? Why the 4 boards and not 2?
With the boards from the DIYAudio store, you can make mono-blocks. For example, you can have a mono amp with P channel mosfet on one heat sink and N channel fets on the other. Keep in mind that this would work for a standard chassis, like the 5U chassis in the DIYAudio store. You could also, providing you had a large enough heatsink, install both N and P channel output boards on 1 heat sink.

There's flexibility in using these boards, if you choose to use it.

I don't know how Tea-bags boards work, but I would think they are simular.

My problem is, I'm not sure where the outs from the driver board connect to the outputboards and where the ins and outs are located exactly. I see them, but I'm a little confused and reluctant to just make connections on a guess.
Old 21st May 2013, 01:44 PM   #20
expert in tautology
diyAudio Member

Ah, I see, you mean single chassis - 2 heatsink "monoblocs"?

Teabag's stuff is all on one single board, so you can make a monobloc, but it's going to be all on one heatsink. That's fine for me, since I would build a different profile than the standard chassis with the left right heatsink set up.

It my opinion that this is not as efficient in terms of utilizing the heatsink as it might be. Vertical is how I am going, myself. Of course that yields a different shape amp, and isn't going on a rack so well, but I don't like racks/shelves that much, and never put my amps on them anyhow...

_-_-

eitherway, I'll tell my friend to wait a bit, and hope the Cviller boards come up again...

Hide this!Advertise here!