General diyAudio store questions thread - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th September 2013, 08:19 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Deluxe 4U Chassis already sold out. Getting more?
Old 6th September 2013, 08:29 PM   #42
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Merrisa --- Each of these pictures is attached to a web site. Maybe you can find a bargain in the mix.

Silver RCA Plugs
Old 7th September 2013, 08:43 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Thank you. I have located a set of RCA's which are silver plated over OFC. Just waiting on them and the wire to be delivered. I am going with 26 gauge 4n silver wire inside of cotton shoe laces. I will save $5.00 a foot for the wire doing it this way. Also found a website that sells custom printed heatshrink for a good price too. I will post a pic when I get them done.
Old 12th September 2013, 05:43 PM   #44
diyAudio Member

Ok another question.... I have the cables made, I really like the sound, 75' of 26 gauge silver wire cost me $36.00, rca's solid OFC silver plated $8.00, rest of the parts around $13.00 to make it look nice and professional, including heatshrink with gold printing of my last name on it.

Now, I want to build a DAC with spdif, usb, and optical. I would like to be able to switch from digital to optical with a rotary switch. I would like a tube buffer on the output. I stopped looking on google and ebay when I started to get a headache. Any suggestions for a decent sounding DAC?

I want to be able to input my iPad, computer or any other usb device, run digital signal direct from a computer, my spouse's Apple computer, ect. I would also like to put it in a Plexiglas case to show it off. I was thinking of just making a case with a wood front, but I was wondering about grounding issues. Maybe 1/8" wood panels with a steel plate laminated between them and a steel frame?

Merrisa
Old 6th October 2013, 06:55 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?
Old 27th November 2013, 02:38 AM   #46
ohenry is offline ohenry  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ACA Kits

Is there an eta on having the ACA kits in stock?

Also, would diyaudio consider offering the ACA heat sinks for sale separately? I enjoy crafting my own enclosures, but dread buying heat sinks from Hong Kong due to shipping damage and expense.

Thanks, Henry
Old 27th November 2013, 05:04 AM   #47
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrisasjc View Post
I would also like to put it in a Plexiglas case to show it off. I was thinking of just making a case with a wood front, but I was wondering about grounding issues. Maybe 1/8" wood panels with a steel plate laminated between them and a steel frame?
We have a wide range of small cases, you could consider using plexiglass on the top instead of the metal or alu covers that comes with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Volts View Post
Deluxe 4U Chassis already sold out. Getting more?
I'm hoping the next batch will be shipping by mid December. Half of the ones arriving are already pre-ordered so if you want to secure one consider pre-ordering in case there is a rush on them when they actually turn up.

The next batch after that batch will be in about 4 months from now (Conservatively, March 2014).

Might even offer some in black just for pre-order - I'll announce that over email to the store mailing list though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrockman View Post
Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?
We'll get some for the next batch (March 2014).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post

Also, would diyaudio consider offering the ACA heat sinks for sale separately? I enjoy crafting my own enclosures, but dread buying heat sinks from Hong Kong due to shipping damage and expense.

Thanks, Henry
We'll have some standard heatsinks available in the next batch (March 2014) - but they won't have the pre-drilled holes, you'd have to tap them yourselves.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:12 AM   #48
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post

Thanks, Henry
Have you done business with Heatsinks USA ? Their products are quite nice.
Old 27th November 2013, 09:05 PM   #49
ohenry is offline ohenry  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
Thanks Bob,

I didn't know about them. I'll check them out for sure.
Old 28th November 2013, 04:49 AM   #50
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
The first batch of ACA kits were made with Heatsinks from Heatsink USA. They are very nice people and we can recommend their services.

Hide this!Advertise here!