General diyAudio store feedback thread

Joined 2012
Paid Member
You Really Want MY Feedback??

I just ATTEMPTED to place my first diyaudio store. What a PayPal nightmare! My fingers are killing me, having to RETYPE RETYPE RETYPE RETYPE RETYPERETYPE my info. I've always hated dealing with PayPal. Maybe it helps the diyaudio store, and that's nice if it helps support our forum. BUT PayPal has always been a total PITA for me to use. Maybe if I just try to order
as a guest I can sneak by with using my VISA card......

Joined 2012
Paid Member
I just ATTEMPTED to place my first diyaudio store. What a PayPal nightmare! My fingers are killing me, having to RETYPE RETYPE RETYPE RETYPE RETYPERETYPE my info. I've always hated dealing with PayPal. Maybe it helps the diyaudio store, and that's nice if it helps support our forum. BUT PayPal has always been a total PITA for me to use. Maybe if I just try to order
as a guest I can sneak by with using my VISA card......
N/G, they still insist that I order via PayPal. I've now wasted over 20 minutes of my valuable time with this junkware and I am NOT amused!!

Administrator
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Sorry to hear that. Please email the Helpdesk or click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Send which products you want and in what quantities, your shipping details: full name, shipping address including postal code and a contact telephone number, and your Paypal account email address. An invoice will be sent to you for payment. Thanks.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
N/G, they still insist that I order via PayPal. I've now wasted over 20 minutes of my valuable time with this junkware and I am NOT amused!!

Yes, PayPal have a running rort where if you have a CC linked to them, they will actually stop you from being able to use it instead of paying via PayPal. Sorry to hear that you had trouble with payments, unfortunately not much we can do about PayPal itself not like you. Please contact the helpdesk and our friendly support staff will work with you to find an alternative solution.

As for accepting credit cards, actually we have good news. We're shortly going to completely revamp the store, and we will be taking credit cards. Probably 1-2 months off maximum.

Joined 2012
Paid Member
Sorry to hear that. Please email the Helpdesk or click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Send which products you want and in what quantities, your shipping details: full name, shipping address including postal code and a contact telephone number, and your Paypal account email address. An invoice will be sent to you for payment. Thanks.
You really don't get it?? I do NOT have a PayPal account. The damned thing keeps rejecting my email. And I see here that this same kind of idiocy has happened to others. All I need right now is just one of these boards
P-BAGSN-1V20 - Burning Amplifier Gain Stage for BA-3 (Requires bias boards and output stage; Makes 2 channels; Rev 2.0) - Circuit Boards I will email you what I have, but if you don't take my Visa card how else can I pay? Please don't tell me by check. Where else can I buy it so I don't have to waste anymore time!!??

Joined 2000
Paid Member
My only option today was to use paypal.
No option for credit card.

IIRC it will vary for you depending on what country you're in. I've attached a screenshot of what most 1st world countries will see.

You really don't get it?? I do NOT have a PayPal account. The damned thing keeps rejecting my email. And I see here that this same kind of idiocy has happened to others. All I need right now is just one of these boards
P-BAGSN-1V20 - Burning Amplifier Gain Stage for BA-3 (Requires bias boards and output stage; Makes 2 channels; Rev 2.0) - Circuit Boards I will email you what I have, but if you don't take my Visa card how else can I pay? Please don't tell me by check. Where else can I buy it so I don't have to waste anymore time!!??

I agree PayPal can be a pain, to say the least. Here's some solutions in order of how easy / helpful they are:

1) Set up a Gmail account just for PayPal and have it forward all mail to your regular account. Use that email address to create a PayPal account.
2) Ask a friend who has a PayPal account
3) Domestic bank transfer (please contact the Helpdesk)
4) If you can't do any of the above, instead of asking you to go for the nuclear option and send us a wire transfer, we'll just send you one for free

Attachments

• paypal options.png
    paypal options.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 68
Paypal

I joined Paypal long ago. I'm "grandfathered in" with a limited account because
I won't transmit copies of my Vital info to them. A few hundred dollars of
Ebay purchases a year don't justify what they want for "security purposes".

New members HAVE to link to a bank account or transmit vital info.
Crazy thing is , they won't even allow account termination without this info.

So , I have a limited account I don't really want. It allows 3'rd party
transfers from greendot/Vanilla Visa cards and others. I would hate
to have to "need" it now.

I never have any problems with a direct visa/mastercard purchase.
PS - Paypal used to be quite nice ....

OS

1 - 2 months maximum and we'll be "growing up", accepting credit cards natively (without needing PayPal), have a much wider selection of stock and a much nicer store. Stayed tuned.

:cool:
Many feel as I do and won't trade the info (or linked account) to make a
purchase. Not to hide any improprieties. A SS# should be enough -
their former policy.
PS - I've even had to reset my paypal password , and they want copies
of my vitals ??
Cool ,Jason ....

Joined 2000
Paid Member
:cool:
Many feel as I do and won't trade the info (or linked account) to make a
purchase. Not to hide any improprieties. A SS# should be enough -
their former policy.
PS - I've even had to reset my paypal password , and they want copies
of my vitals ??
Cool ,Jason ....

I think other than the ease of use (post-setup!), their unique selling proposition is security. You have more rights as a buyer (and less as a seller), and as a seller you have less fraud. That translates to it being very hard to set up a buyer or seller account in the first place. You're right - it never used to be so hard. Now they want to know what you had for breakfast.

Onwards and upwards...

Joined 2012
Paid Member
IIRC it will vary for you depending on what country you're in. I've attached a screenshot of what most 1st world countries will see.
I agree PayPal can be a pain, to say the least. Here's some solutions in order of how easy / helpful they are:
2) Ask a friend who has a PayPal account
3) Domestic bank transfer (please contact the Helpdesk)
4) If you can't do any of the above, instead of asking you to go for the nuclear option and send us a wire transfer, we'll just send you one for free
I'll first try the 2nd option first. But giving PayPal the boot is long overdue. No doubt there's lots of other honest, competent service providers who would love to take their place. Or my Sony Visa card.

Last edited:
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Last edited: