General diyAudio store feedback thread - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2013, 09:45 AM   #101
diyAudio Member

All I can say is the Amp Camp Kit is first class, especially the chassis. I have so many projects 90% complete because of chassis work. This makes it much easier for someone to get their hands dirty.
I hope you do more of this thing.
A high efficiency speaker kit would be killer. Make it like Nelson's mini slot loaded OB.
I have heaps of ideas. Hahahaha
The store needs a Circlotron amp. Make it source follower output to connect up to a Balanced BA3 front end
Old 30th September 2013, 09:55 AM   #102
bcmbob is offline bcmbob  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 picoDumbs View Post
A high efficiency speaker kit would be killer. Make it like Nelson's mini slot loaded OB.
That speaker reference has shown up a couple times lately. I can't find it. Anyone have a link to info or a build thread?
Old 30th September 2013, 10:01 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
That speaker reference has shown up a couple times lately. I can't find it. Anyone have a link to info or a build thread?
This one.
There are quite a few alternatives to the PM6A too if the price is too steep. Audio Nirvana make some very nice speakers for less than half the price of the PM6A.

EDIT: You want a high Q low pass filter around 20 to 40Hz to boost the bass response of the 15 inch slot loaded woofer. Very easy to implement, in fact it could be incorporated into the next ACA to drive the woofer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111012-Pass-600.jpg (80.8 KB, 148 views)

Last edited by 2 picoDumbs; 30th September 2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:01 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Thanks - Found the Pass Article.
Old 30th September 2013, 11:12 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmbob View Post
Thanks - Found the Pass Article.

You want to read this one too.
http://www.firstwatt.com/pdf/art_slob.pdf
Old 30th September 2013, 11:32 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Old 5th October 2013, 10:18 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

Just one more comment.
Since Papa designed the F6 as a gift to us DIYers it would be nice to see this as a kit with a custom chassis in the Store some time in the future.
Old 21st October 2013, 03:39 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

I recently embarked on a couple of F5 builds (I am biamping). I got the lovely circuit boards from the diyaudio store and FETs from other folks on the forum. I am usually building tube amps, SE DHT. The chassis is always my weakest link. Aluminum angle and some wood plus a tube cage from Hammond. Excellent aesthetics from a few feet away, just don't get too close.

I decided to go with the 4U Deluxe chassis. Predrilled, tapped heatsinks eliminated my biggest stumbling block to having a great amp that also looks good.

I got all my parts when promised and was very happy with the quality. I unpacked the chassis and assembled it right away. Great packing and all the holes and tapping were great. I did not open up the second chassis until several weeks later. After I unpacked it I realized I had the wrong back panel. No holes for the PEM, RCA jacks or speaker binding posts.

When things are not quite right is when you find out just how good the service is. I got a reply to my email the next day. I was not able to help them track down the source of the error since I had recycled all my packaging. A short while later I got an email telling me that I was going to receive a new back panel direct from Italy. That only took a few days.

Thanks diyaudio, and a special thanks to Elena and Jason. They were very friendly and got my project back on track very quickly.

dante
Old 31st October 2013, 07:19 PM   #109
ohenry is offline ohenry  United States
diyAudio Member

Default ACA Boards

Just a note of thanks for providing the beautiful ACA boards to me so quickly. It's so nice to have these products available along with support as needed. Best wishes for continued success.
Old 4th November 2013, 12:58 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Hi Store Keeper,
I have some BA boards with N on them and would like to purchase some P boards with some bias boards also
Can it be Done? LOL!
Thanks,
NS

Hide this!Advertise here!