Chassis Discussion - Page 22 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th November 2013, 07:00 PM   #211
6L6 is online now 6L6  United States
diyAudio Member

These are the ones supplied with the chassis Parts Kit --

Dayton Audio BPFI-G Fully Insulated Binding Post Pair Gold | 091-630
Old 14th December 2013, 06:26 PM   #212
diyAudio Member

Has anyone odered the 4 U Delux Chassis with XLR's for an additional fee of $30.00 Euros from the manufacturer? There looks like plenty of room below the RCAs to install XLRs. However, the manufacturer wants CAD drawing of back plate to drill the XLRs. I do not have the software to do this. Hope some else has already done it.
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th December 2013, 10:19 PM   #213
SRMcGee is offline SRMcGee  United States
diyAudio Member

1000volts:

For that price, you might consider getting the 5U deluxe chassis with the plain back panel from diyaudio's store and use Front Panel Express to mill it to your exact specification. Yes, it'd be bigger than what you'd initially wanted, but you'd have plenty of room...

Regards,
Scott
Old 19th December 2013, 01:46 PM   #214
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crcook View Post

So, there seems to be two QA issues at the vendor.
1. Handle cylinders are slightly too short
2. Provided screws are too large for the 4U countersunk holes.

Normally not a problem for a DIY'er, but these are premium priced products.
We have discussed these two items with Hifi2000 and...
  1. The next batch of handles will be specially manufactured to have less slack
  2. The countersunk holes will be slightly deeper in the next batch to accomodate the screws, which the screw supplier made out of specification (slightly larger)

Every little bit of feedback helps improve the product. Thanks very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Volts View Post
Has anyone odered the 4 U Delux Chassis with XLR's for an additional fee of $30.00 Euros from the manufacturer? There looks like plenty of room below the RCAs to install XLRs. However, the manufacturer wants CAD drawing of back plate to drill the XLRs. I do not have the software to do this. Hope some else has already done it.
Thanks in advance.
This has been a not so uncommon request. I think we'll add them to the next batch. We don't have time to update the CAD diagrams right now, but I'll contact you when we do and you can either order the back panel directly from Hifi2000 or wait for the next batch (probably 4-5 months off).
Old 13th January 2014, 05:06 PM   #215
diyAudio Member

I am looking for a chassis black powdered coated Steel 19W x 12D x 8H and 1/8" thick aluminum 13.5"x15"x 6" W x D x H

Rear Panel To be punched to my specs.

Thanks
Old 14th January 2014, 07:48 AM   #216
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by reteP2k View Post
I am looking for a chassis black powdered coated Steel 19W x 12D x 8H and 1/8" thick aluminum 13.5"x15"x 6" W x D x H

Rear Panel To be punched to my specs.

Thanks
Sorry we don't do custom work. Try Hifi2000 and see what they can do for you.
Old 19th January 2014, 11:23 PM   #217
diyAudio Member

Any updates on the back panel parts kit?
Old 1st February 2014, 12:09 AM   #218
lhquam is offline lhquam  United States
diyAudio Member

Default DIYAudio Store 4U Chassis Modifications

I was disappointed that heatsink removal from the Store 4U Chassis was so difficult after full assembly of an amplifier. Based on my experience with a Hafler 220, I made some modifications to the Store Chassis to make heatsink removal easy. I drilled 4 holes in the corners of each heatsink and in corresponding locations in the attachment brackets to attach the heatsink using #6 socket head screws from the OUTSIDE of the chassis. This allows the heatsink to be easily removed by disconnecting the amplifier PCB connections and removing these 4 screws, which is accomplished in a couple of minutes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0032-red4-crop.jpg (290.0 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0044-red4-crop.jpg (158.8 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0049-red4.jpg (502.2 KB, 202 views)
Old 1st February 2014, 01:47 PM   #219
diyAudio Member

Smile HIFI 2000 Customized 3U - awesome

I decided that 4U was a bit too tall for my project so I checked out the standard offerings at HF2000. Unfortunately, they had no back panel laid out like the store options. I contacted Gianluca at HF2000 and he was very willing to make up drawings (for my approval) which modified the 4U rear panel layout for 3U (see pic). Then for a $30 upcharge, he was willing to ship that panel instead of the solid panel on his standard 3U heatsink chassis. Shipping was reasonable and fast and the packing was phenomenal. Just wanted others to know of this option since the store does not have one (but might be a great addition).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140201_092853_881 (Small).jpg (111.9 KB, 188 views)
Old 2nd February 2014, 04:14 AM   #220
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhquam View Post
I was disappointed that heatsink removal from the Store 4U Chassis was so difficult after full assembly of an amplifier. Based on my experience with a Hafler 220, I made some modifications to the Store Chassis to make heatsink removal easy. I drilled 4 holes in the corners of each heatsink and in corresponding locations in the attachment brackets to attach the heatsink using #6 socket head screws from the OUTSIDE of the chassis. This allows the heatsink to be easily removed by disconnecting the amplifier PCB connections and removing these 4 screws, which is accomplished in a couple of minutes.
Great idea. I was also disappointed in how the chassis assembles.

Hide this!Advertise here!