Chassis Discussion - Page 19 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th October 2013, 06:13 PM   #181
diyAudio Member

Default Precision Alignment

The reason for the precision alignment is due to use of CAD software and CNC equipment. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with this combination.
Old 9th October 2013, 12:28 PM   #182
diyAudio Member

Bigun, You aren't alone asking about black anodized panels, but so far there doesn't seem to be enough interest. There's always Front Panel Express.
Old 9th October 2013, 07:54 PM   #183
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
sorry if this has been asked before - but is there an option of a black anodized front panel. Given that the rest of the box is black, I would prefer a black front panel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobEllis View Post
Bigun, You aren't alone asking about black anodized panels, but so far there doesn't seem to be enough interest. There's always Front Panel Express.
We'll offer a special pre-order for you on the next run (the current next production batch has already finished and is about to start shipping from Italy right now so this pre-order won't be for another 3 months, and delivery for 6 months).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post
Does anybody know if the 2u chassis handles are compatible with all 2u cases in the Store or is it specific to the thicker frontplates only?
I have asked and all 10mm front panels are compatible with handles.

On Pesante 4mm front panels (we don't stock these) you can use one hole that exists already and must drill one hole yourself.

On slim line 4mm front panels (we don't stock these) you must make two new holes yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltalight View Post
The reason for the precision alignment is due to use of CAD software and CNC equipment. It never ceases to amaze me what can be done with this combination.
I think everyone agrees they are really superbly manufactured cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6L6 View Post
Put the perforated baseplate OVER the bottom heatsink bracket -- then everything lines up.

You will need to make a run to the hardware store for nuts/bolts, as the included hardware isn't long enough for the perf base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk856er View Post
+1. Probably just need to loosen some other parts to "square things up" and get everything to properly align. I had that same experience. At first I wondered about the drilling precision, but after I modified my assembly technique it became clear that the case was superbly manufactured.

BK
The next batch (will be shipping in 2-3 months) will have longer screws included so if you mount the perforated base "upside down" you can attach the perforated base properly as well as the feet using the supplied screws.

As mentioned before, contact us to get some free ones sent out to you or you can buy longer ones yourself locally or from the following URLs (to be updated - still waiting on a URL to buy the longer feet screws):

To mount the perforated base upside down: http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Screws.../dp/B009TE4NK6
To mount the feet when you have the base upside down: TBA (Self tapping screw with diameter 3.9mm x 14 mm)

Last edited by Jason; 9th October 2013 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11th October 2013, 04:23 PM   #184
diyAudio Member

Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?

Are all items which are out of stock basically 2-3 months lead time?
Old 11th October 2013, 06:19 PM   #185
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrockman View Post
Is there any ETA on the 2U Pesante (Maximally Vented) chassis being back in stock? Any pre-orders?

Finding out about the 2U Pesante Max Vented to see if we can get some added to the next batch (about to go out).

Yes, all Hifi2000 items which are out of stock are around 2-3 months lead time (I'd like to think 2 months since it's about to be put on the ship but history has shown it's always best to be extremely conservative with dates).
Old 12th October 2013, 01:52 AM   #186
diyAudio Member

For the 2U Pesante chassis (standard venting), where are the bottom ventilation holes located?

Ideally I'd like the air to flow into the bottom front and out of the top rear. Will this be possible?

If not, can the bottom chassis cover be turned 180 degrees if need be?

Thanks!
Old 12th October 2013, 10:12 AM   #187
Neville is offline Neville  United States
diyAudio Member

Jason, would be really nice to see inside pics of all cases and measurements given in inches as well
Old 14th October 2013, 09:35 PM   #188
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:

We can't get more of these on the next order, sorry. We'll have some on the next batch (6 months . Try ordering directly from Hifi2000 if you really need it before then

Quote:
For the 2U Pesante chassis (standard venting), where are the bottom ventilation holes located?

Ideally I'd like the air to flow into the bottom front and out of the top rear. Will this be possible?

Thanks!
Finding out for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post
Jason, would be really nice to see inside pics of all cases and measurements given in inches as well
I'd like that too ;-)
Old 15th October 2013, 07:01 PM   #189
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:

Thanks!
I have confirmed with Hifi2000 that yes the chassis covers can be turned 180 degrees to create a "flow through" airflow if you like. The top and bottom covers have the same vents.
Old 22nd October 2013, 06:13 PM   #190
Neville is offline Neville  United States
diyAudio Member

Looking to hear back from those that used the blank rear plate - how and what did you use to make an entry for the power entry module? I was thinking of a dremel rotary tool but have visions of going through quite a bit of "cutting wheels". Is there a better way?

Thx
Neville

Hide this!Advertise here!