F-5 boards - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > The diyAudio Store

The diyAudio Store A forum for discussing anything about the products available in The diyAudio Store.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th June 2012, 08:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Moderator

Default F-5 boards

This thread is for discussions about the F5 clone boards. For more information on this product, please see the product page below.

Threads on diyAudio that relate to this product (If we have missed one, please post it in this thread and we will add it to the list):

Last edited by Jason; 8th February 2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 13th October 2012, 04:57 PM   #2
labjr is offline labjr  United States
diyAudio Member

The F5 schematic in the store shows P3 on the F5 board. However, I don't see P3 on the board. Is it now included or are there plans to add P3 to the board? Also there are some small changes to the F5 circuit as seen in the F5 Turbo manual. Are those changes on the boards yet?
Old 15th October 2012, 02:52 AM   #3
diyAudio Moderator

Hi,

P3 is for fine tuning the input section for minimum distortion. However, it entails the use of elaborate spectrum and distortion analyzers which may not be available to the common builder (I for one don't have one).

It was included in the schematic to keep it updated with the most recent schematic from Nelson, and also in the BOM for the sake of completeness. However, if you are to use P3, it should be "hard-wired" or soldered "point to point" on our boards.

In our official F5 prototype, P3 was set aside and was not used. I believe the small changes, especially the parts values, are already included in our board and BOM.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9379.jpg (329.4 KB, 2173 views)
Old 15th October 2012, 05:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

The changes in the bias ciruitry are not changed in the schematic that's in the store. I assume they are not on the board either?

P3 could have been added to the board. The builder could choose to install it or not. Adding it in as a Kludge makes the board look messy.
Old 15th October 2012, 08:02 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

look at the flip side of the board, and a higher res imageon the website would be nice too...
Old 15th October 2012, 08:31 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Also the input resistors are configured differently in the F5 Turbo manual. Any idea why?
Old 15th October 2012, 11:11 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I like the fat foil traces...
Old 16th October 2012, 02:10 AM   #8
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by labjr View Post
The changes in the bias ciruitry are not changed in the schematic that's in the store. I assume they are not on the board either?

P3 could have been added to the board. The builder could choose to install it or not. Adding it in as a Kludge makes the board look messy.

What changes in the bias circuitry are you referring to? Could you please elaborate on that? The two schematics were drawn differently but still have the same bias circuitry the last time I checked except for the position of the thermistors which should not be an issue at all.

Regarding P3, iirc the boards have long been here before P3 came about. However, if the equipment needed to adjust it is available to you, then it is very easy to adopt the board to accept P3 without it looking messy or as you say, a kludge.
Old 16th October 2012, 06:46 AM   #9
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear View Post
look at the flip side of the board, and a higher res imageon the website would be nice too...
Your wish is our command! Hi resolution, color enhanced version uploaded to the F5 page.
Old 16th October 2012, 02:12 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

better, less white border, more board... still not that easy to see the details... fwiw. I could use higher res on this screen. Not everyone is at 1480 wide, some are still 1024 I am sure.

_-_-

Hide this!Advertise here!