Speaker Turn On Delay and DC Protector Board Set (V2)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First let me say that the unit works as advertised and passes the DC test in the build guide.

The voltage was measured at the speaker binding posts with the amp running. There was no offset voltage at the amp outputs but voltage at the protector board outputs.

I bypassed the protector board after finding this.

The Fluke meter is on the binding post, the other two are on the F5 board.

y4m6IfHf3g5L9Rmscvv7_ziu1fUmv7ImhtCZEHk4TRvYtzrqK9cK6nTJOqK6_CelqPzW7I5Pm1TuCvRVT-kAhazXYvvIPwl0oqEfulMgWGcKTYq5g1iwdln_IF5gdHbK8d8oRK-ys_FSI1ETn6OO49ydYmFrJL1ZImdBuDqQCrPX4XNjr6It48M3krcbrTs1liDB-Mhc-qAACsr5FHI5RCWWQ

Relay voltage

Hi gents,

as I do see the need for such circuit as well, may I please join the thread. Can you please help me understanding the schematic by answering 2 questions:

I happen to have a handful of relays OMRON G2RL-2 12V and a transformer fine to get me 15VDC. The schematic is showing the 2 relays in series:

1) Why can I not use the 2 relays in parallel so they are OK for 12-15V operation??? I am not using the DIYAUDIO PCB but rather do a wild wiring so the Change of layout does not matter

2) Why do you use 2 relays at all? Why not just use the 2 contacts you have anyway in 1 relay?
Worried about crosstalk??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.