Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Zen I/V Converter
Zen I/V Converter
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th September 2010, 05:32 PM   #11
Gordon McGregor is offline Gordon McGregor  United States
diyAudio Member

Bonsai, I am not Nelson, but I can confirm that NE5534 are not good for I/V even comparing to other good op amps, and Zen I/V should be even better.

I have replaced plenty of NE5534+2xJRC2068 to OPA627 +2xOPA2134 for DF1706+PCM1704 in Pioneer 49/59TXi DAC board with ALL positive subjective opinions, in addition I had confirmed the difference in hearing in DBT (with >95% probability) using SACD DSotM source through i-link (song #7) with Lynx L22 soundcard and Sony MDR-V6 headphones, the difference in after-hit ringing of cymbals is noticeable for me without any doubts.

I even have some theoretical suggestion (THD hearing perception threshold) confirming the difference in sounding with measured levels of distortions per each harmonic up to 17th ... of course, it needs to be confirmed by multiple experiments and better equipment, but I had no time to continue it.
Old 12th October 2010, 10:10 PM   #12
kiwi88 is offline kiwi88  United States
diyAudio Member

I am looking for printed board to build ZEN I/V converter.
Can anyone help ??
Old 11th January 2011, 07:36 PM   #13
sin49 is offline sin49  Finland
diyAudio Member

I found NE5534 and even the very expensive LT1028 quite non-linear compared to some of the newer opamps. I decided to use the TI OPA211 with PCM1972A and I am quite satisfied with the result. Now there are a couple of even newer interesting alternatives from NS and TI but I haven't tried them yet. Once I have built a version with them abd shown them to AP I hope to report more.

Should also try this Nelson's great idea.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:04 AM   #14
Alexandre is offline Alexandre
diyAudio Member

Cool Looks great

Im going to build it with an added buffer (just posted it to the discussion thread)

-Alex

Zen I/V ConverterHide this!Advertise here!