His Master's Noise: A Thoroughly Modern Tube Phono Preamp

Sy, am I correct in thinking that you designed this phono amp for Technics EPC-305-MC?
If so could you please remind me of the tracking weight and confirm that the DCR is 15 ohms. I haven't used mine for over 20 years and I've lost the paperwork which originally came with it. I only used it for a short time as the amp I owned then had a very noisy moving coil input. In fact, it's the only LOMC I've ever owned; I bought it at great discount when I was a student.

Just came across this article yesterday. Timed perfectly i have been looking for a high performance Phono Pre. I recently purchased a Denon 103R and am running it into Cinemag XfMR's and a Bottlehead phono pre. I was astonished of the complete lack of noise through the XFMR's. Any way to get to the point are there still a set of complete boards out there for purchase??

Yeah they are cheap but it seems they are specked at higher than 1.25V on voltage. I know you like the IR diode because of the low forward resistance. I just had an idea, how about two regular Si diodes in series to get the drop, and sets of them in parallel to get the resistance down, sort of like what you did in the RLD