Please help me take apart my Sony Rear Projection TV

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks in advance for all your help on this one...

I have a Sony 53" rear projection TV (KP-53HS30) and I need to move it upstairs into another room, but it wont fit up the stairs (there is no way, tried many times)!!!

I have decided to take the TV apart and re-assemble it in the new room upstairs. I have been able to remove the box from the back with the larger mirror, but that is as far as I can get.

I have attached a diagram to show you what I mean.

Can someone please tell me how to remove the screen from the front so I'm left with the bottom housing the projector? This will allow me to fit it up the stairs. I would REALLY apreciate it!

Thanks!

-Spence:D :D

Attachments

• tv help diagram.jpg
    tv help diagram.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 187
Spence,

I am facing the same dilemma as you. A friend has asked me to move their 57" SOny rear projection wide screen TV from their ast floor to their basement. There is no way this huge "box" can fit thru the stairway into the basement. My concern with taking it apart is that I may not be able to get it back together.

I thought was to find a service manual that may have disassembly instructions. If I find any helpful info, I'll pass it along.

Spence,

I am facing the same dilemma as you. A friend has asked me to move their 57" SOny rear projection wide screen TV from their ast floor to their basement. There is no way this huge "box" can fit thru the stairway into the basement. My concern with taking it apart is that I may not be able to get it back together.

I thought was to find a service manual that may have disassembly instructions. If I find any helpful info, I'll pass it along.

Hi all I don't know about taking it apart, But I do know the best way to get rid of the dust is to take a leaf blower to it once it's opened. If there are fine optics with a small 3 lcd Block use some compressed air and blow all around the Lcd panels. When it comes to getting rid of Dust nothing even comes close to a lawn/ Leaf blower. When I clean a projector it's the first thing I use.

Good Luck

Bohanna :)

From the outline of that set I'm guessing it's before LCD and is CRT based. If that is the case you REALLY don't want to take it apart.

If stratus is correct and it is an older three gun CRT forget about taking it apart. easier to cut a hole in the wall or ceiling and move it in that way!
The three gun projectors lasted for ever but if you throw them out of alighment they are a royal pain to converg

Bohanna :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.