NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thanks,

the box dimension as follows:

25" in depth X 14" height X 12.5 in width

Since i have not cut the fresnel lens so the box has become little big, also the OSRAM 400W MH lamp height itself is 12" and as you can see in photo i have placed it vertically.

one can make even smaller box by cutting the fresnel according to the size of LCD, i recommend to keep 1 inch larger than LCD size, and if budget allows one can go for double headed OSRAM MH lamp which will approximately cost 4 times the single headed, the double headed lamp is smaller in size so one can fit in smaller box.

my triplet dia is 74mm i have fitted in 75 mm PVC pipe, it fits perfectly, I am also thinking of using some other technique for focusing mechanism, will update here soon.

I was very happy with the brightness when i ran the first test run on glass instead of LCD, it was amazing brightness, but the brightness dies little bit when oyu put the LCD.

one can handle this issue by doing couple of things like, removing AG layer from the LCD or may be increasing the brightness and contrast of LCD. I am not using condenser lens, I heard that putting this lens will also make some difference in brightness, will try to put this lens.

hi Rudrakshi

good work ,ur projected image is good,
r u using a reflector
what r the focal length of the two fresnel lenses u r using

i am also planing to make one like urs
but using 17" samsung 733 monitor

so far i have arranged :-
1)450mm quad eliment lens (not tripplet)
2)reflector dia 75mm
3)condenser lens dia 150mm , focal length 220 mm

Attachments

• dsc00075.zip
    80.6 KB · Views: 138
yogender said:
hi Rudrakshi

good work ,ur projected image is good,
r u using a reflector
what r the focal length of the two fresnel lenses u r using

i am also planing to make one like urs
but using 17" samsung 733 monitor

so far i have arranged :-
1)450mm quad eliment lens (not tripplet)
2)reflector dia 75mm
3)condenser lens dia 150mm , focal length 220 mm

Hi,

I am using reflector, i have bought it from pune electronic market, these are used for helogin lamps, I had to cut it according to m,y need, i m attaching the pics for the same. BTW it just costed me 45 rs.

the fresnel focal length are 217mm and 343 mm. btw I want to use condenser lens but dont have one, can you tell me the source so that i can get one.

Attachments

• image_00144.jpg
    image_00144.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 404
PLZZ HELP ME WIT DIY PROJECTOR

HEY hi guys u'll r soo expart in all this i appreciate it but could u'll plzz help me out with the same even i want to make one for my self c i have a 15" LCD monitor n dats it... which bulb to buy which glass to buy what is freshnel lens wat is ffc cable and what should be the size of a box i realy dont kno anything i just want to kno a proper name of all the product i should have with proper specification so dat i can buy all of them n start making one for myself or even if u'll can provide me with the guide on how to make DIY projector then i'll be very thankfull to u'll plzzzzzzzz im waiting for ur reply plzz email me with whatever information u can provide me my email address is animator_2015@yahoo.com thanks.......

Dear animator_2015,

I know it will be time consuming and will required a lot of patience, but I would suggest you please read through this whole thread and you will get more than the information you have asked for. A lot of folks have not only done wonderful work but also been kind enough to share it. This thread itself is a guide for the Indian DIY Projector.

Hey hi dude this is manoj from mumbai & i realy want to make a projector im reading all the threads but not gatting any idea about diy projector could u plzz help me out c i understood the working of it but i cant understand which parts u'll are using c i'll tell u just correct me ok plzz
1) wooden structure size distance - i want to know "thanks"
2) 2 fresnel lens - I want to know dat is it a plane acrelic or its a magnifier sheet? is it 15" same size of a LCD ? "thanks"
3) what is ffc cable ? "thanks"
4) what is dat adepter looking thing it looks like laptop charger what is dat? "thanks"
5) what is dat small round lens just look like a projector lens?
6) what bulb to use 400w right but which one there will be some specific name right i really wana know? & the bulb reflector what kind is it IMP ? "thanks"
7)how many fan should be there ?? it should face towords which part of a projector to cool it.. what kind of a fan reacquired computer cebinate extra fan will do?? "thanks"
8) wat about the distance i know dat distance is very IMP between the bulb to the LCD to the round Lens so what should be the distance coz if i get the wood sheet cut by the carpenter then i cant make any changes to it.. "thanks"
9) Im going to use a semsung or LG 15" LCD so is it going to be high defination projector 1080p ?? "thanks"
10) I will have to connect a external tv tuner card right if i want to connect directly to a cable tv???
11) is there any part i have not asked about if im missing any plzz tell me "thanks"
12) I really want to kno all the parts & how to make it before i spent on any thing so plzzzz plzzzz plzzzzzzzz help me out if u have any tutorial or some thing so u can also email me the link or the whole tutorial my email id is animator_2015@yahoo.com anyways dude i'll wait for ur reply i'll be very thankfull to u bye 4 now "thanks"

animator_2015 said:
Hey hi dude this is manoj from mumbai & i realy want to make a projector im reading all the threads but not gatting any idea about diy projector could u plzz help me out c i understood the working of it but i cant understand which parts u'll are using c i'll tell u just correct me ok plzz
2) 2 fresnel lens - I want to know dat is it a plane acrelic or its a magnifier sheet? is it 15" same size of a LCD ? "thanks"
4) what is dat adepter looking thing it looks like laptop charger what is dat? "thanks"
6) what bulb to use 400w right but which one there will be some specific name right i really wana know? & the bulb reflector what kind is it IMP ? "thanks"
7)how many fan should be there ?? it should face towords which part of a projector to cool it.. what kind of a fan reacquired computer cebinate extra fan will do?? "thanks"
8) wat about the distance i know dat distance is very IMP between the bulb to the LCD to the round Lens so what should be the distance coz if i get the wood sheet cut by the carpenter then i cant make any changes to it.. "thanks"
9) Im going to use a semsung or LG 15" LCD so is it going to be high defination projector 1080p ?? "thanks"
10) I will have to connect a external tv tuner card right if i want to connect directly to a cable tv???
11) is there any part i have not asked about if im missing any plzz tell me "thanks"
12) I really want to kno all the parts & how to make it before i spent on any thing so plzzzz plzzzz plzzzzzzzz help me out if u have any tutorial or some thing so u can also email me the link or the whole tutorial my email id is animator_2015@yahoo.com anyways dude i'll wait for ur reply i'll be very thankfull to u bye 4 now "thanks"

hi, I had the same doubts and questions as you are asking, i went thru this post and got almost all answers, however i will try and answer all of them.

Wooden structure depends on the LCD screen size, smaller the screen smaller the box, but there is a hitch to it, though i m using 10" LCD my box size is almost 2 feet by 1" by 1", now thats because I have not cur the fresnels to the size of LCD and my lamp size it self is around 1 feet. I have seen many people have achieved the size of PC CPU box.

The fresnel lenses availbale in various size and focal length, the ideal fresnel lens size is 285mm X 285mm, the first fresnel lens focal length should be 217mm, and the second to be 343, thats what i m using and getting awesome results.

FFC cable is the thin cable which attached to the LCD panel, the other end is attached the main circuit board. now you MUST be very careful about this FFC cable as this is very thin and delicate, all the image commands are being sent by this cable to the LCD panel, whatever images that u r seeing on the LCD panel is sent by this cable, if u screw this cable then your LCD is history.

that adapter is a power source to LCD

Its called triplet lens, three element projection lens (a) barrel dia : 74mm (b) efl : 315 mm

400W OSRAM Metal Halide Lamp with OSRAM ballast, its the ideal for projector, since you are usnig 15" the box size is going to be little big and you would require littel extra light, so i suggest go with 400.

if u r using 400W then I suggest you use one 5" 230V fan for exhaust and one 4 " PC fan for intake of cool air, you also need one more 4" PC fan for cooling LCD panel.

browse thru this post, you will find a link to focal calc, or visit lumelab.com for the same.

Well I think some of the senior member can answer this, I think if you can play HD movies on this LCD then your pj is hd.

yes if ur using lcd monitor you would require external TV tuner card, in my case i used LCD TV which comes with internal TV tuner card.

i think you are on right track, good luck.

Re: PLZZ HELP ME

animator_2015 said:
can any body tell me where to buy all this parts from i live near lemington road south mumbai its suppose to be a biggest electornic im india but still im not getting anything accept LCD plzz any body from mumbai know where do u get all this parts plee tell me the name of a shope plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz i'll be very thankful

You will get Fresnel & Triplet Lens from http://www.lenseloptics.com/ send them a mail about your requirement, they will send you the quote.

and Lamp and ballast from any Local OSRAM dealer.

Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME

rudrakshi said:

You will get Fresnel & Triplet Lens from http://www.lenseloptics.com/ send them a mail about your requirement, they will send you the quote.

and Lamp and ballast from any Local OSRAM dealer.

I was surching for Hallite Lamp and Ballast only yesterday i surch for it in the whole electronic market but i din get anywhere plz if u kno any shop so plzz tell me thanks manoj

Re: Re: Re: PLZZ HELP ME

animator_2015 said:

I was surching for Hallite Lamp and Ballast only yesterday i surch for it in the whole electronic market but i din get anywhere plz if u kno any shop so plzz tell me thanks manoj

I live in pune, dont know much about the mumbai market for lamp, however I was browsing through OSRAM website and found a link.

OSRAM India Pvt Ltd.
A Wing, 503, 5th floor,
City point commercial complex,
Besides Hotel Kohinoor Continental
Andhri Kurla road,
Andheri (East)
MUMBAI – 400069.
Tel: +91-22-67251556,
+91-22-67252150
Fax: +91-22-67254565

this is their address. btw which lamp are you using?

hey guys,
just joined.
first of all, gr8 work every body, excellent compilation of info.
i need to get cracking, very excited, but i have a few questions first..

1.) for a 15" LCD, should i use an OHP or a self-designed "Metal Hallide reflector lamp, Fresnel-LCD-Fresnel, triplet lens Projector"??

2.) Can i mod an OHP with Metal Hallide Lamp and triplet lens to get a better projection?? How much will it affect the image quality as compared to a simple OHP??

3.) After opening the LCD monitor i have to take out everything until there is just a thin film of LCD left there(and the power circuit chip)??

4.) Where can i get these things in delhi, if possible
a.) LCD projection panel.(otherwise i'll have to open my 15" LCD and go back to CRT for my PC.)
b.) Mettal hallide lamp(with reflector).
c.) Fresnels.
d.) triplet lens.

Sorry if my questions sound very obvious but i'm new to all this.

very eagerly waiting for relies..

thanks for devoting your time to this..

superb

hi man,
you people are great doing all those stuff which i can only imagine .

grat man.
hey budhi, i am anew member and dont know a thing about this, will yoy help me in making a lcd projector for me, i will be very grateful man.
also where to purchase those parts you mentioned.
by the way i live in mumbai if yoy know anybody here who could help.
thanls man
and keepup the great work.
if possible reply on my mail viki_v2@yahoo.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.