NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
vijaycool said:
@all mumbai DIYers: this weekend (6,7,8 april) is possible for any guys to have a look for those scrap merchants? i am coming to mumbai. awating for the replies.
my mail id : vijayaragavan.v@gmail.com
phone : 9860203549

vijaycool, if you happen to be there... chk at Chunam Lane, Hanuman Mandir Lane and Naz Cinema Compund. There are some seconds shops here. Even on the roadside you'll find ppl selling scraps... I had once bought a soundcard from roadside shop for just 80/-... that was maybe 7-8 years back when a sound blaster used to cost nothing less than 1200/- One other time I had bought a seven segment display array with controller board in working condition... cant remember the cost though.

Looks like i found my Guru at last.

Hi Budhi.. I feel like i finally found someone to help me build my own projector at atlast..

Would need your help in getting my dream projector project completed.

Only if you agree to help me out.. i will take up this project.. or else.. would land land up in disappointment..

Let me know !!

Nag

vijaycool said:
There is another combination where we can get 720p. but i dunno abt the price breaking.
1. INTEX 14 inch lcd (1404) = 1280*800 (didnt enquire price)
2. Aver media TV box 9 = (saw once in ebay india site for 6k)

i will enquire these once i reach chennai

I couldn't find a single dealer within my reach that carries this model. Hope you could find one :). Please update us on this.

If you fail and plan to buy a 15" one then FYI Samsung 540N is easily strippable and has no FFC issues.

vijaycool said:
@powers_in: If u are using osram eyeball 942NDL or 830 series u never required lexan and tough glass. there is a coating inside the chamber to prevent UV rays.
for lcd monitor dont go for model number just ask wide screen intex lcd
http://www.intextechnologies.com/dproduct_left.asp?cat=Computers&sub=TFT-LCD Monitor&pro=1404

No, I am using philips 400watt lamp So I require a UV filter :-(. Even when using a lesser wattage lamp with UV filter I believe one needs to have some kind of heat shield to protect LCD either lexan or glass. Lexan being more transmissive is a better choice for me.

Yes, I did ask dealers about this model and this was not available anywhere. I searched entire Nehru Place for this model. Maybe at that time it was only announced and not yet available in the market. But I am happy with my 540N, it stripped like cake with no FFC and has excellent picture and settings options.

- Nitin.

Hi guys,
I have just started to built my own Pj.....and most of the times i plan to connect it to my comp wheras when i went to the local car shop for the lcd neither of the models had a vga input. The models which u guys r using, does it have a vga input? If not so, then i've to think some other parallel ways......
And btw, is nyone frm bangalore planning to start off with the project sometime soon....if so let me know.... we can team up.

Dear atrisarkar,

Hi, even i am from Bangalore. I still am to get started but i think atleast i can chip in with a lil bit of info for ur requirement. just read ur msg and see that u have trouble finding an LCD that has all kinds of input. well i had done some searching and came across an Portable LCD Tv, named "VICTOR".. had built in tv tuner card for 255 ch, so we cud connect cable tv directly then it had a video In sockets for DVD, VCD players and it most importantly had a 15 pin VGA input socket ;) , other features were menu controlled.. 16:9.. 4:3 output, mirror screen, inverse all these via menu.. screen size was 9 " resolution mentioned was 800*480.... available in gandhinagar Bajaj complex next to sukh sagar .... price was arnd 4.5k to 5k

hope this info is of some use :)

will update as and when i come across anything more.

Rgds
Nirmal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.