NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi pcaddict,
Good Hunting!
Now you are really going at it.
The page magnifyier should be on the light source side and the thicker fresnel towards the projection optics side
But you have to judge it for yourself, that which of your two lenses is better for the image quality and take that decision.
the LCD has to be closely sandwiched between the two fresnels with about a 1cm gap on both sides.
Optics is a crazy science all lenses react differently to each other. The trick that I used is that keep your LCD aside as it is the most expensive and delicate part of the projector, one wrong tug at the FFC cable and your LCD is history.
Make a dummy screen of the same dimentions, with a cardboard sheet ,and slip into it a ohp sheet with some markings on it.
Use this to play around with your light source and mark all dimentions in a cardboard mock-up box to control light scatter. Once you get an image of the required quality and size, then go in for the final box and lcd placement.
Best of luck.
And yes smooth sides of fresnel are towards the lcd on both sides

mrcoolbuddy said:
Hi Maks,

Im also from Bangalore...
Can u tell amy place where i can get Mettal halide lamps and the ballast for it?

Thanks,
Cool

Hey mrcoolbuddy.... sorry for the delayed response. I had gone to my hometown, Mumbai, for Diwali celebrations.
Well, I bought the MH lamp with fittings from a shop named Prestige Lites on the CMH road. It cost me 1900 re. with ballast and fittings.

:)

mrcoolbuddy said:
Hi All,

Can you please give me the specifications for the fresnel lens, the condensor lens and the final Focusing Lens?

Wats the diameter, width, height, focal length any other specifications etc....

Does anybody where in bangalore we get all these cheaply?

Thanks,
Cool

I searched the whole of Bangalore upside down.... but couldn't find any dealers for lenses... One friend of mine is helping me to get these from a source he knows.

Thanks Maks

HI Maks,

Thanks a lot buddy....
now that i can also buy the lamp from there..

Can u just give me the specification of the mettal hallide lamp n ballast u purchased so that i can buy the same?

Once u get the info on where to buy fresnel lens pls do tel me too.

thanks again.

Cool

Re: Thanks Maks

mrcoolbuddy said:
HI Maks,

Thanks a lot buddy....
now that i can also buy the lamp from there..

Can u just give me the specification of the mettal hallide lamp n ballast u purchased so that i can buy the same?

Once u get the info on where to buy fresnel lens pls do tel me too.

thanks again.

Cool

Hey... I do not remember the model no. for the lamp, but it's a 150W MH lamp, OSRAM make. Actually, U need not bother abt all this... jst go to the shop ans ask for it... the owner is Dinesh Kumar.. he'll help you out.. btw, which part of Blr r U put up in?

Hi Fellow Diyers,

Iam from India too but currently living in srilanka. Were do you guys get your lens and lcd. How about sharing the information in this thread so what other like me will be able to get the same...

Item,Shop Name, City and Price

Well we can get everything from LL but the shipping is the killer.

mrcoolbuddy said:
Thanks Max

Can u tell me from which local market u bought the LCD..n for how much?
can u give me the exact location since im also from bangalore....

Cool

Hey... I bought the LCD from Mumbai as I had gone there for Diwali. It's a 7" screen with 16:9 aspect ratio, and built in tuner. It came for 3750/-. I dunno where in B'lore can we get the same type of screen, but you can visit SP road and hunt for it. I am planning to go there this saturday, so let me know if you wanna accompany..!! :)

Hi,
I have been following this thread for a while, and I am interested in the DIY projector too.

mrcoolbuddy:

For LCD panels (for ones used in car), try JC road also - lot of automobile accessories and spares.
Alternate can be National Market (close to Tribuvan theatre, near Majestic).

And yes, please post your findings.

Best of Luck !

I stripped the LCD this weekend... and also got the FFC cables from the local market.... one for the control boards, and other for the LCD. It cost me Rs. 70/- and Rs. 200/- respectively. But these are kinda plain FFCs and not extension cables. While I could manage to link both the LCD control boards with one of the FFCs, just wondering how can I extend the LCD panel thru the control board with this plain FFc. Any inputs..???

Maks.

Maks this is how i managed to make an extension for my LCD side cable using the simple FFC cable.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I use only 16pins the rest are blank :)

Could not mail ur Fresnel and triplet today ... the Courier guys did not accept it shall mail it tommorow

Cheers
Mastero

I agree with Rob.

I would first purchase the LCD and see it if can take it apart and see if I am convinced it can still be used for the projector. Then I would work around the design and procure all other parts.

Else I would put the LCD back and put it to any other use.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.