NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi pcaddict,
No Iam frm Hyd. At the time of registration to this forum I was studying in Chennai. And yeah, I know abt Ritchie street, but no chance of going there now. Thanks for the information.
By the way, is your LCD a 16:9 format? Coz the resolution seems to different from the normal 7 or 8 inches lcd panels!

FFCs seems to be a rarity in only Hyd it seems!

Hello

I have just jumped into this project... did a lot of search and read a lot ...

What i have is a 7" Xenarc VGA input screen resolution can go high.

Whats ballast ?

Simple OHP lens from where can i get this ?

2 fresnel sheets from where can i get this ?

Thanx

Mastero

For all connectors its Spectra connection in Mumbai :)

Hey Maestro...
The ballast is what drives the metal halide lamp. Those what we call as chokes used in domestic flourescent tubes is also a type of ballast.

Well, even I am looking for Fresnel and Triplet lens.... I am originally from Mumbai, relocated to B'lore. I am going to mumbai in another couple of days, and have collected some info of companies that provide OHP spares. If you are also from Mumbai, we can chip in together and search for the lenses. :)

Hello Maks

Thnax for the info..

I have already got 100% info on this project all what i needed to know.

I have contacted these people at Lensel in Pune and waiting for the mail with pricing.

If you have the info on the companies who sell OHP spare please forward it to me so i can follow them as i am based in Mumbai. :)

2 is better than 1

thanx

Mastero

Oh dont worry i have spoken to them via my company ... so they are on their toes... :D

Had a verbal conversation with them and they are sure to response if not another call tommorrow .. cause they have both the fresnel and the triplet lens :D

Shall shoot you a mail ..

Ciya
Mastero

Hi Budhi,

i'm totaly impressed with all this that i plan to make one myself...
But need ur help.

Could you please put a picture of the projector from the inside after u have fully made....
say a step by step making of it... It would clear a lot of doubts when we c it visualy....

Hope to get ur help buddy...

thanks in advance

Rgrds,
cool

Hi mrcoolbuddy
Attached pictures of inside but as everything has been painted black therefore its alittle difficult to make out.

Attachments

• inside story.jpg
    inside story.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 2,515
Finding fresnel!

pcaddict,
let me share some jugaad with you all
Dont get stuck with the single fresnelor no fresnel problemFresnel is required to intensify or collect the lightand send it to the Lcd then stop it from scattering once again and send it to the projection lens,it actually increases the intensity a lot you will have to buy a double power bulb if you dont use a fresnel which means double heat weight powerconsumtion and other problems.
The final image depends on the quality of the main fresnel this is the one in front of the lcd (between lcd and lens) Use your good fresnel for this.use an ordinary fresnel available in stationary shops in A3 size for about Rs 100/-!!!! as the lens required to condense light, these are called Page magnifiers or map magnifiers only problem is they are not very think so you will need to make a simple plastic or wooden frame to support it tight.
And Remember the most important thing-All fresnel grooves have to point away from the lcd (plain side towards the LCD) otherwise you are doing more harm than good ie scattering the light, instead of collecting it.

Hello all,

After doin intense search and research .. i have found a supplier in India for Optical Acrylic Fresnel lens 220mm FL and 330mmm FL and triplet lens with 315mm FL. (Barrel dia 74mm)

Its a perfect match. :)

I am waiting for my set ..... will let you all know how it is..:)

Cheers
Mastero

Hi cromaclear-crt
I got the parabolic reflector from the local lights shop, all light fittings whether they are fluroscent or halogen or metal hallide come with mirror polished reflectors in metal, you can even buy spares, but you might have to make adjustments for your bulb size.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.