NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
new updates

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 389
  • untitled3.JPG
    untitled3.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 382
  • untitled2.JPG
    untitled2.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 361
  • untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 362
Fresnel has one plain side and the other side is grooved....

My doubt is..for a splitted design how should i place the fresnels?

--->grooved side of higher focal fresnel should face the LCD or the Triplet?
----> Grooved side of lower focal fresnel should face the LCD or the MH Bulb?

I am planning to get the box done by a carpenter. but i am not sure about how to explain him about the schematic...say..how long will be the base board, where exactly he has to create grooves for fresnel...

someone please help.....

hi bishnu.bhatta
in both the cases the groved sides should face towards the lcd

what is the specification of the tripplet and fresnels

size & focal length

I am using the standard Lensel Fresnel only.
SINGLE FRESNSEL LENSES – A4 SIZE
(a) SIZE : 310mm X 310mm
(b) FOCAL LENGTH: f = 216mm
(c) THICKNESS: t = 2.0mm
(d) PITCH: p = 0.5mm

SINGLE FRESNSEL LENSES – A4 SIZE
(a) SIZE: 310mm X 310mm
(b) FOCAL LENGTH: f = 343mm
(c) THICKNESS: t = 2.0mm
(d) PITCH: p = 0.5mm

Triplet Lens (317mm FL)

I am still hunting for a perfect 15 inch LCD without any FFC issue.

Update : tried getting 15" LCD in mumbai. was offered HCL 15" second hand for 3500. Went ahead and bought an FFC cable and a 9.2" "Super" lcd tv with VGA for 4300. Display looks promising. have ordered the fresnel from lensel. Now wait begins !! Lamington road is fun to hangaround for such stuff in mumbai

Hi All,
I went through the forum most of it and it was pretty good. I really wish I could build one on my own.
Here's a request for anyone who's in Hyderabad.
Due to some personal reasons, I really don't think I can go hunting for all the parts. Is it possible for someone to help me out in getting a projector here. I would really appreciate any help building one.

hi bishnu.bhatta

dont use a 15" wide screen monitor
the fresnels wont fit a 15" wide screen lcd
go for a 4:3 15" lcd

Yes Yogender...I am searching for a perfect 15inch monitor or even less...

I found one from moserbaer, but not sure about its FFC...
eBay India: Moser Baer 15" TFT LCD Monitor- 3 Years Warranty (item 250589719033 end time 09-Mar-2010 18:07:55 IST)

one more is there from ACER
eBay India: Acer 15" LCD Monitor 3 Years Warranty (item 190377310322 end time 09-Mar-2010 22:39:20 IST)

If you have any particular model in 15 inch..please suggest

I donot want to go for SUPER LCD TV as it won't give me 1024*768 and above resolution.

Hi all, I just powered my projector yesterday. and got some decent results still some tweaking is going on. the brightness ok. but very poor at the corners. same with the focus. its better at the center and very bad at the corners. but it didn't affect while watching movies. Here are a few pics i managed to capture.

Attachments

• img_0546_resize.jpg
    img_0546_resize.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 341
  • img_0547_resize.jpg
    img_0547_resize.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 324
  • img_0548_resize.jpg
    img_0548_resize.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 285
  • img_0550_resize.jpg
    img_0550_resize.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 289
  • img_0553_resize.jpg
    img_0553_resize.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 194
  • img_0552_resize.jpg
    img_0552_resize.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 213
  • img_0551_resize.jpg
    img_0551_resize.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 294
  • img_0554_resize.jpg
    img_0554_resize.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 166
  • img_0557_resize.jpg
    img_0557_resize.jpg
    173.2 KB · Views: 175
Nice buddy... congrats...Very innovative design
Thanks, but there's still alot of tweaking to be done and i'm not happy with the focus and brightness. u can have look at it when u have time i stay near Mekhri Circle. may be u'll get better ideas.

Since i'm using 17" panel i'm thinking of upgrading to bigger fresnels and a lumenlab pro triplet sometime in the future. but before that i want to do all the experimentation with this one.

So if anyone is interested in importing bigger fresnel lens and triplet, pl let me know so that way we can share some shipping cost.

Regards,

Last edited:
Thanks, but there's still alot of tweaking to be done and i'm not happy with the focus and brightness. u can have look at it when u have time i stay near Mekhri Circle. may be u'll get better ideas.

Since i'm using 17" panel i'm thinking of upgrading to bigger fresnels and a lumenlab pro triplet sometime in the future. but before that i want to do all the experimentation with this one.

So if anyone is interested in importing bigger fresnel lens and triplet, pl let me know so that way we can share some shipping cost.

Regards,

Really, I thought you forgot all of us...... :D

Every weekend I visit my sister staying at RT Nagar(Anand Nagar-CBI Road). May be if you are free this weekend we can meet.Please PM me your contact detail.

Regards,
Bishnu

which Triplet lens to buy?

hi guys,
great informative discussion here, i started building my LCD Projector, just want to know which Triplet lens is perfectly suits the 15" LCD panel? and from where to buy it in India?
i just tried using 150mm plano convex lens but the image has blurred edges only central part is somewhat sharper.

please provide me exact details of Triplet to be used so that entire image will be sharper and there are no edge blur problems.

also suggest any shop from Mumbai from where i could get those triplet lenses if possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.