NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I screwed up with the FFC extn cable yesterday... booohooohoo :bawling: Anyways... it was no good..!!! I could not find the connectors even after a day long hunt in the elcetronics market,... so tried to interface the extn FFC with the original one by strapping both face to face using my wife's hair clip ;) .... but the Damn thing was too thick to slip thru the connector on the circuit board, and the connector flap just refused to close. So planning to change the design in away wherein I need not extend the FFC and just go with the original..!! btw... had a test run with a slack setup, a transperency with some marking on it sandwiched between the fresnels and the triplets... holding in hand in fron t of the lamp.... seemed quite good even though the light was splilling..!!!

Maks,
I too had the same problem with the ffc cable, just take two plates of acrylic or metal mine were about 2 1/2 cm long and 1/2 cm wide which ever you can manage and two bolts on either side do a simple clamp, sandwich the two ffc cables after aligning them perfectly, and your screen should come alive.this idea is on the board somewhere search in topics
best of luck!!

Hey Budhi... thanx for ur suggestion, buddy..!!! But U know wat... as I mentioned in my last post, the FFC that I bought is too thick to slip in to the connector on the board. The blue strap that it has to give it a sturdy hold while pushing in creates the problem. The flap of the connector wont close. Removing the blue thing makes it too thin... so much that it comes out easily even after the flap is tightly closed upon. That's how I messed up with it.. Anyways, I have decided to change my design so that I can use the original FFC.... will have to cut the fresnels in such a way that it can cover the entire LCD and also make a room for the FFC.

Hi Maks,
This really sounds interesting. How did you manage to keep the original FFC and at the same time keep it out of the light range? Coz that is THE BIGGEST problem we face in this assembly. Do you mean the 'reflective method'? Hope you won't mind sharing the new design with us. I am sure everybody in this forum will be eager to know about it.
Thanks in advance.

hi

my LCd TV got fried in power supply region.
don't know how it happened.

Now I have managed to replace the fault components now the LCd is working, but the backlight doesn't.

And regarding my project, I have changed my idea of using LEDs and now trying the compact fluorescent lamps. The philips CFL I am using gives 1400 lumens (20w power) each, and I use 6 lamps. Hopes this would work.

Hey Pollok... sorry for the delayed response... I did not get an email alert about there being a new post. Anyways... about managing to use the original FFC, please wait for a few days, once I finish the enclosure and fit the LCD in it, I will take some pictures and post on the forum. I should take another 3-4 days to complete the box. Here's the incomplete pic of the box.

Attachments

• 100_3556a.jpg
    100_3556a.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,306
Hello Guys

Hi Buddies

i was away for some time from forum , and wallah! i see a lot of action from our country, and budhi has completed the proj too, Congratulations, hey Budhi when are you calling me over for a movie show?
i had started to build my proj with a good get-up and go, but with time it got-up and went:D
actually i was stuck with the design, i got the box built from a carpenter for Rs.50 :smash:
i had a old OHP so used its components , in the process of splitting the Fresnel i broke it, then got already split from Lensel Optics Pune, i have the singlet lens of the OHP , i am first gonna try with that only, i bought a Projection Panel (Viewframe TFT)from Ebay.com, it took 4 months and a bribe of Rs. 200 to a babu at Mumbai Customs to reach here in Nagpur, (the panel costed me Rs 4,500/-)
now i am gonna get a glass with VKool film, its a transparent film which block heat/UV and IR Rays used in automobiles , passes 94% light to be used in front of my HALOGEN lamp (yes a halogen), i am short of budget to go for a Metal Halide at this moment, my halogen assembly is out of the main box so most of the heating will be out of the box and gonna use 2 fans (push pull mechanism). but now i am in a fix as how to place these 3 i.e. 2 fresnels and panel in the box, i need some assembly idea , iam working on it, here are some pics of what i have done till now

Attachments

• image18.jpg
    image18.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Hi Maks, Thanks for the reply. I'll wait for your photos. Meanwhile I bought a new car LCD and stripped it. Y'know what..? There is no need for a FFC!! The circuit board is connected to the LCD on only one side, so no need for an extension. The monitor's name is KV-MR9005 and the screen is 9 inches. I got it here in HYD for 5000. The only drawback is that it is 16:9 format, and the picture is pulled horizantally. There is no way to adjust it to 4:3 format. I'll start working on it next weekend.

Bingo... Cool..!!! so you had a good escape from extending the FFC, Pollok... :D

Well, initially even I was planning to buy the car roof mount LCD panel... it was there for 4200/- at Mumbai, but later bought this one for 3750/-... has a built in tuner too.

Attachments

• 301006_ 117.jpg
    301006_ 117.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 923
One other thing, Pollok.... the picture will get pull horizontally in a 16:9 format LCD only if the original video is in 4:3 format. Now-a-days, all new movies are 16:9 format... so those will play without any trouble. Mine too is 16:9 format... I tried playing diff video formats and they all showed diff results.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.