diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projectors (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/)
-   -   NEW projector from INDIA (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/87959-new-projector-india.html)

budhi 9th October 2006 10:59 AM

NEW projector from INDIA

Hi every body I have finally managed to finish the projector and fine tune it to a decent image.
The specs are 8" lcd from Car Roof mount screen
150W metal hallide Lamp
parabolic reflector
glass sheet to stop heat.
condenser lens
2 Fresnel Lenses polycarbonate
rear one is a page magnifier!
Front one is 3mm thick fineline type.
270 mm lens from OHP(singlet).
FFc Cable 6" extentio from lumenlab(they actually shipped it in4 days to India! wow!!
case from a dead PC

I get a nice image of 92"diagonal on my homemade screen(streched white nylon overwooden frame)with a black cloth backing to prevent backspill from the wall.

budhi 10th October 2006 06:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
some more images

budhi 10th October 2006 06:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
fast and furious

budhi 10th October 2006 10:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
more results

2 Attachment(s)
the projector

2 Attachment(s)
In action

Maks0001 10th October 2006 11:04 AM

Hey Budhi... hearty congrats to you.... the pics that you have posted are too good... great job..!!! :)
Well, I am from India too... basically from Mumbai, now in Bangalore. I had been studying quite a few forums on DIY Video Projectors, before I build one. Recently came across this one where I saw your posts. Coming to the point, buddy can I request some help from you? Just wanted to know how much did this project cost you all together, and from where did you arrange for all the required spares. Please do respond.

Rgds,
Makarand.

budhi 10th October 2006 05:27 PM

Hi Makarand,
Thanks buddy for all your appreciation.
now i just keep waiting for it to get dark so that I can fire up this beast!

I will give it to you step by step.
8" Car LCD roofmount (chinese Import) Rs 3,500/-
Metal Hallide lamp and fitting,ballast etc Rs 2,000/-
4" 220V axial fan Rs 400/-
Simple OHP lens (single Lens) Rs 150/-
2 fresnel sheets (out of my junk!) approx Rs 300/-
FFC cable imported from Lumenlab Rs 650/-
Glass,mirror, switches matt black paint etc Rs 500/-
Computer cabinet donated by my friend Rs Free!
Total Rs 7,500/-

Instead of looking around for second hand LCD panels and parts, do a little bit of searching you can get New screens the kinds that are used in Headrests of cars and Roofmount models at Car Accessory shops.
Hunt Buddy hunt!!! It saves you Money in the end!
I joined this forum about a year back(Really Thank every one on this board for every little bit of information shared selflessly) and finally got everything together
Now the biggest challenge was to mentally prepare myself to Hack open the perfectly new, out of the box, Lcd instead of putting it in my car!

Maks0001 11th October 2006 10:35 AM

All this for just 7.5 grands..??? Mind Blowing..!!!! That tempts me to get myself going with the construction.... and buddy, I cannot wait for a year long as you did to get it working in my living room.... just a too eager to get started.
Well, I am going to my hometown, Mumbai, for this Diwali season... will buy the LCD screen from there as it would be cheaper there than in Bangalore.
Thanks for the information.... will bug you further if I need more help..!!! ;)

Rgds,
Makarand. :)

budhi 11th October 2006 01:04 PM

Good boy !!
As Nike says "Just Do It"!!
I shall try to help in every way I can.