NEW projector from INDIA - Page 87 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th January 2009, 09:31 AM   #861
vu2pda is offline vu2pda  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vu2pda
Rudrakshi Congrads. Pse give details of ur box measurments and what is the dia of ur triplet? I hv 150 watts PJ. Like an upgradation to 400watts.
Old 6th January 2009, 04:29 AM   #862
diyAudio Member

thanks,

the box dimension as follows:

25" in depth X 14" height X 12.5 in width

Since i have not cut the fresnel lens so the box has become little big, also the OSRAM 400W MH lamp height itself is 12" and as you can see in photo i have placed it vertically.

one can make even smaller box by cutting the fresnel according to the size of LCD, i recommend to keep 1 inch larger than LCD size, and if budget allows one can go for double headed OSRAM MH lamp which will approximately cost 4 times the single headed, the double headed lamp is smaller in size so one can fit in smaller box.

my triplet dia is 74mm i have fitted in 75 mm PVC pipe, it fits perfectly, I am also thinking of using some other technique for focusing mechanism, will update here soon.

I was very happy with the brightness when i ran the first test run on glass instead of LCD, it was amazing brightness, but the brightness dies little bit when oyu put the LCD.

one can handle this issue by doing couple of things like, removing AG layer from the LCD or may be increasing the brightness and contrast of LCD. I am not using condenser lens, I heard that putting this lens will also make some difference in brightness, will try to put this lens.
Old 6th January 2009, 01:47 PM   #863
diyAudio Member

hi Rudrakshi

good work ,ur projected image is good,
r u using a reflector
what r the focal length of the two fresnel lenses u r using

i am also planing to make one like urs
but using 17" samsung 733 monitor

so far i have arranged :-
1)450mm quad eliment lens (not tripplet)
2)reflector dia 75mm
3)condenser lens dia 150mm , focal length 220 mm
Attached Files
File Type: zip dsc00075.zip (80.6 KB, 113 views)
Old 6th January 2009, 01:47 PM   #864
diyAudio Member

need help to attach images
Old 7th January 2009, 04:34 AM   #865
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by yogender
hi Rudrakshi

good work ,ur projected image is good,
r u using a reflector
what r the focal length of the two fresnel lenses u r using

i am also planing to make one like urs
but using 17" samsung 733 monitor

so far i have arranged :-
1)450mm quad eliment lens (not tripplet)
2)reflector dia 75mm
3)condenser lens dia 150mm , focal length 220 mm
Hi,

I am using reflector, i have bought it from pune electronic market, these are used for helogin lamps, I had to cut it according to m,y need, i m attaching the pics for the same. BTW it just costed me 45 rs.

the fresnel focal length are 217mm and 343 mm. btw I want to use condenser lens but dont have one, can you tell me the source so that i can get one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_00144.jpg (96.4 KB, 382 views)
Old 7th January 2009, 04:36 AM   #866
diyAudio Member

few more shots of reflector
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_00150.jpg (84.7 KB, 376 views)
Old 7th January 2009, 04:40 AM   #867
diyAudio Member

one more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_00154.jpg (84.1 KB, 364 views)
Old 15th January 2009, 10:16 PM   #868
diyAudio Member

Default PLZZ HELP ME WIT DIY PROJECTOR

HEY hi guys u'll r soo expart in all this i appreciate it but could u'll plzz help me out with the same even i want to make one for my self c i have a 15" LCD monitor n dats it... which bulb to buy which glass to buy what is freshnel lens wat is ffc cable and what should be the size of a box i realy dont kno anything i just want to kno a proper name of all the product i should have with proper specification so dat i can buy all of them n start making one for myself or even if u'll can provide me with the guide on how to make DIY projector then i'll be very thankfull to u'll plzzzzzzzz im waiting for ur reply plzz email me with whatever information u can provide me my email address is animator_2015@yahoo.com thanks.......
Old 16th January 2009, 07:12 AM   #869
diarav is offline diarav  India
diyAudio Member

Dear animator_2015,

I know it will be time consuming and will required a lot of patience, but I would suggest you please read through this whole thread and you will get more than the information you have asked for. A lot of folks have not only done wonderful work but also been kind enough to share it. This thread itself is a guide for the Indian DIY Projector.
Old 16th January 2009, 01:57 PM   #870
diyAudio Member

ok sure then im ready for the hard work i will definatly go through all the thread. im very thank full for ur reply

Hide this!Advertise here!