NEW projector from INDIA - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th December 2006, 10:42 AM   #101
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Maks0001
Hey ilango_slk.... Sorry, I was bewildered with those figures.

The FL of the triplets is 315mm... 50mm is the focusing mechanism.
Old 14th December 2006, 04:50 AM   #102
diyAudio Member

Marks, thanks for the clarification I was bewildered too Looked at their site and they seem to have some agents in TN. I will send a mail and see if they respond. Thanks a lot for all the info...
Old 16th December 2006, 11:19 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to paragdesh Send a message via MSN to paragdesh Send a message via Yahoo to paragdesh
Default is it a OBJ LENS?

hi
i got this lens from local scrap market
it was attached to a assembly which looked like a part of projector
is it a obj lens? i am attaching the pics
the dia is 5.5cm

can i use it as a triplet (or is it a triplet)
how to measure FL etc.
pls ignore my lack of knowledge

Parag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lens.jpg (86.4 KB, 1091 views)
Old 18th December 2006, 06:48 AM   #104
diyAudio Member

Default Re: is it a OBJ LENS?

Quote:
Originally posted by paragdesh
hi
i got this lens from local scrap market
it was attached to a assembly which looked like a part of projector
is it a obj lens? i am attaching the pics
the dia is 5.5cm

can i use it as a triplet (or is it a triplet)
how to measure FL etc.
pls ignore my lack of knowledge

Parag

Looks like a singlet to me. You may be able to project images with that but the quality will depend on the lense. Some singlets are much better that badly aligned triplets. Get yout of your room and try to focus the sun to the floor . Try to get the smallest white dot possible and messure the distance from the lence to the spot. That will be the FL of the lens.
Old 18th December 2006, 08:51 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Guyz, I am in a real fix now.... the LCD that I bought, has a feature wherein, if you turn it upside down, still the picture remains uninverted. I mounted it upside down and the front facing the fresnel 1 (as it should be for striaght projection), but the picture was as normal, and obviously the projection was inverted. The setup has an option to make it a rear screen, so that it can be viewed in a mirror (ideal for cars), but there's no option to disable the mentioned feature. Dunno what to do.... any inputs..????

If nothing else works, then I may try putting another fresnel in front of the objective. This will inverted the image and project it as a normal striaght image. But not sure weather this will work good results.
Old 18th December 2006, 10:17 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Maks0001
Guyz, I am in a real fix now.... the LCD that I bought, has a feature wherein, if you turn it upside down, still the picture remains uninverted. I mounted it upside down and the front facing the fresnel 1 (as it should be for striaght projection), but the picture was as normal, and obviously the projection was inverted. The setup has an option to make it a rear screen, so that it can be viewed in a mirror (ideal for cars), but there's no option to disable the mentioned feature. Dunno what to do.... any inputs..????

If nothing else works, then I may try putting another fresnel in front of the objective. This will inverted the image and project it as a normal striaght image. But not sure weather this will work good results.

Adding another fresnel may not be the solution. Will bring down the quality of your projector. First try using a transperance of some sort with some hand written messages and try to get it right. Then try it with your lcd.
Old 18th December 2006, 10:23 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ilango_slk

Adding another fresnel may not be the solution. Will bring down the quality of your projector. First try using a transperance of some sort with some hand written messages and try to get it right. Then try it with your lcd.

Hey, c'mon ilango_slk... looks like you did not read my post properly.... It's not that the LCD is mounted improperly.... the LCD itself has a special feature that keeps the reproduced picture uninverted even after turning the LCD upside down.

If you look at my earlier posts, I have attached images of test projection using transperency. That was pretty neat. So it's not that I am wrongly mounting the LCD. It is as it should be.
Old 18th December 2006, 10:33 AM   #108
diyAudio Member

Sorry dear, I missed your earlier posts and jumped into conclution. Are you using a roof mountable lcd??? Can we have a pic of the current projection?? Can we see how it is inverted?? Are you sure you mounted the lcd the same way you did the transperance??
Old 18th December 2006, 10:39 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Hey ilango_slk, it's okay.... please don't be sorry.

well, I did take a snap, but havent downloaded the pics yet from my camera... and it's at home now, while I am in office.

well, it's not actually a roof mountable LCD, but yes... the feature that I mentioned does allow it to be used as a roof mountable LCD. It has a standard tripod jack which can be atached to a table stand that came with it, or can be taken to the roof of a car.
Old 18th December 2006, 10:45 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

If you are talking about mirror view kind of invertion then won't it be possible to just rotate the LCD so that the front and back of the lcds are interchanged??

Hide this!Advertise here!