Help opening old Philips Proscreen 4600 Projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
I've got one of these old ProScreeen 4600 projectors which has developed the typical red stripe issue which is pretty common with these. (Or so I hear.) Since it's got a good bulb, I thought I might swap out the LCDs and electronics and try my hand at a DIY projector. However, I can't figure out how to get the thing open. I've got the four screws out of the bottom, but case does not want to come apart. It is apart at the front near the lens, but the back is as tight as ever. Has anyone ever taken one of these apart and could give me some pointers?

Thanks,
Blair

Hi there,

I don't know if this is a reply that is too late, but hey you never know.

So you've taken out the 4 screws from the bottow. Turn the Projector back on its feet and the top should come away. I'm guessing you've probably already worked it out...

As i'm here, i have a problem as well.... i left my projector in a cold area and now got condensation on the lens inside.... so i took it apart.... and used a hairdryer... (not on high settings)... it cleared the condensation on the lens,... however now the Projector doesn't display picture...

I get a light source coming from the lens, and sometimes i get a distorted picture...

I think the LAMP is fine as i checked with the naked eye and seems fine. The LAMP light on the top of the projector is STATIC ON... so i assume its fine there... one last thing... there is a weird (sounds like short circuit from the speakers of the projector) noise when switched on and the noise disappears after a minute.

Is it time to throw the Projector away?

Regards,

MuJa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.