doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
have these pic from my crap phone hope its clear 4 u .
as you can see the first one on the left has a live brown wire and the last one has a yellow earth wire.
but the midle 4 slots i just cannat sus out at all. should the wirring be the same as above, but wich out of the 4 wire in the middle,
the first pic is of the slots
second pic is of the diagram which i will draw out more clearly for you.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 119
The picture of the ballast that you posted, seems to have three sets of two connections to each wire block.
What i mean is the first pair of wire holes are the same connection, and the second pair, the second wire connections, and the third, well, ditto!
So your ballast only has three double sockets, one double socket for live, first one, (brown wire,), second double socket must then go to the ignitor, the last two connectors then make a pair of earths? might be for wiring two lamps in series on one ballast.
This might not be 100% accurate, as need to know what is written on the top of the ballast to be totally sure, but even if the wires where connected when you received the kit, dont mean they are in the right holes!
What about a makers name? brand name/number?
The circuit diagram on the top of the ballast should show you where to connect the wires to, get as good a photo as you can of that, or do an accurate drawing. :)
Have you a scanner? if you do, scan the top of the ballast, compress it and put it up, and i'm sure you will get no end of helpful answers!
Really need to see the diagram, untill then, DONT FOLLOW ANY OF THE INSTRUCTIONS I HAVE WRITTEN ABOVE!
That is just me hazarding a guess, going on the shape of the connectors, and surrounding white plastic that seems to be separating the connectors into three pairs.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.