The_Gnu's Lilliput projector (lot of pics)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.. I have been very busy lately and therefore no updates. I have recently moved around a lot. I have a recently got a new appartment so there haven't been any possible work and updates. But once I get the apartment done (screen mounted etc) I will post some finishing pictures of the complete setup. There is also some minor fine tunes to be done . The front lens will be turned around because ,the way it is at the moment, it creates a slight edge blur to the image. I don't know how I could miss such a simple thing.
I discovered it at shool during a boring lesson, I sat and looked at the overhead projector and noticed that the lens was exactky the same typ I use, but it was turned the other way. I went home and tried turning the lens and Voila!! the blury edges was gone and the whole picture was crisp clear.
So if you have a slightly blurry picture on your projector... try to turn the triplet lens, maybe you made the same mistake as I did.
I will have to refabricate the lens mount...again :(, but it won't be a to big deal.

/GNU

Hello GNU.... your DIY PJ is certainly the BEST ever home made PJ I have seen so far. No words for your tool room skills.

But I have a bit different question here, maybe you can forgive me for asking this... I would like to know how did you make the LCD backlight glow without connecting it to the circuitry. I mean, did you provide it an external voltage source? if yes, how much volts was that? I am also constructing a PJ, and would want to make some useful out of the backlight that I have as a spare with me now. Mine is a 7 inch LCD screen. Any clues here?

Thank you.

A little help for the projector.

It is certain that yours is the best looking diy projector that has been made till date.
very clean and much better finishing than commercial projectors.
Now i would like a little help if you dont mind.
1. What is the thickness of the aluminium sheet you used
(You have given1,50 mm) is it 1.50 mm.

2. what are the box dimensons.

3. What is the distace between the lamp and fresnal, and fresnal and
mirror , and mirror to lens. What is th distace at which you got clear
and sharp image. and how did you calculate it. Can you provide any
worksheet drawing for reference.Because for a straight box i know the
distances, But for a folded design of yours the calculations are not
known.

4. Please give technical specifications of the parts you have used.
a. fresnal fl
b. Triplet lens fl and internal diameter.
c. Which lamp, What wattage, How many lumens and temperature.

5. If there are any new updates you made on your projector.

I know the list is very long, But i request you please kindly do answer as there
are many diyer's waiting for your reply.

Though most of the information can be found in the forums, But None of them in a single place, There are thousand 's of pages to be surfed, i would have done that , But after seeing your projector build , I dont have that much patience . I am filled with excitement, May be i wont be able to sleep tonight waiting for your answer, But i promise to you that there are hundreds of diyer's here who feel the same and are waiting eagerly for your reply.

:):):):):)I am also posting this mail on behalf of all the diyers to who share the same feeling.:):):):):)

I, too am amazed at your commitment to detail! Fantastic!
Just a couple questions.
What is the color depth you are able to get. Almost all the controllers I've found are 6 or at best 8 bit color. That worries me. I'm also trying to find better than 1024x768 but as I get up in resolution, color depth falls.

What did you use?

Doug

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.