Buying broken lcd's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello everyone, ive been lurking for a week or so, but this is my first post. I am wanting do build a projector with a 15" lcd monitor. Being a college student, im on a tight budget. I was looking over eBay for monitors, and i found several listed as broken with bad backlights. Since i would need that, should i buy one of those. They are at least half the price of a normal monitor.

Is there something specific i should look out for with these? A dim picture is likely a bad backlight right? and shouldnt I be able to use of these for a projectors

yes you can. Buying a lcd with a broken backlight is a very good idea because a: you save money, and B: you dont even neec that part to work for a projector. Although, if you are thinking later on to use it as a monitor again you are screwed where as having that backlight would allow you to do that.

Hope that helps you decide.

Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.