15" vertical projector results

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all!

Thanks to information I got here and on other great forums I am able to present some results.
Special thanks to Guy Grotke and Pun15er from LL for information and inspiration.

This PJ was done over 5-6 days and I still need enclosure but it
already works great and I have been using it.

It has 250W light kit from DYIPC, 135mm lens from DIYPC, no name
15" LCD monitor, 3dfresnel 220 and 550 fresnels.
Cooling is done with one fan on the bottom.
It is 110V fan and it is quiet compared to OHP and LCD panel for OHP. Glass is from scanner and there is lexan in the bottom tray.
220 fresnel is bit to small and I'll have to buy bigger one.
Focusing 'mechanism' is made from clementines box and it is
definitely temporary :)

I use portable projection screen that is 72" in diagonal and I'll be making bigger one soon I hope.

Beside panels for sides I need to paint few things black and put few switches.

Cheers!

GermaX

Here are some pictures ...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks!

Actually last picture is maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of projected image.
My screen is showing just part of projected image.
Once I have screen that can cover whole projected surface
I'll post that picture too.

Maybe it is because of good lense, whatever the reason I like it.
Now I need to figure out screen big enough but foldable
and removable...

Hello v1d9uy!

I adopted superb design from Pun15her on LL.
At least threaded rod idea. Than I messed it up with my changes :)

LCD is no name and I can not tell you much about except that it
has no connections on the side and all connections are long enough.

Also I did not remove AG on it so I can not comment abut that.
You can use all pictures but that design is actually not too good.

There is few things that I don't like.
One is nuts are too thick and they touch each other on fresnel lcd trays.
That makes it difficult for adjustments.
There might be skinnier nuts to buy and that would be better.
Second problem is trays itself.
I used aluminum carpet edge.
It is light and cheap but I had to cut corners on lexan and fresnel because I have screws going through the frames.
Also it makes it hell to take anything out of the tray once they are
close together. I had to drop nuts 20 cm down on bottom tray to
take lexan out. It is not easy task and once you do it few times
you hate it. Next time I would keep threaded rod on side of the
trays and not going through them.

I hope this helps...

Cheers!

There was metal frame around LCD and on the back it was held
with backlight module and plastic frame .
I kept that metal frame and made tray just few milimeter smaller
so that lcd tray can fit in projector frame with whole LCD visible.

I planned to cut hole in white plastic backing but it was too thin
and it was warping, beside I had to cut top off for LCD board to extend
outwards. At that time I realised that I can not fit whole plastic
so I just used 10 cm long sides where screws go in.
That was enough to secure panel in the LCD metal frame.

Next step was to make sure that metal LCD frame does not move.
To do that I glued square plastic things on the tray.
I got those with some motherboards.
They are spacers for places where you can not put metal spacers.

Difficult part was to flip LCD and still keep it in LCD frame.
I had to do that because light in this design comes from behind the
LCD. Luckily this LCD had embosed edge on both sides.

I had to push it a bit to keep electronics on cold side.

There are some pictures. I had to use flash so it is hard to see...

I got new screen.
It is 84"X84" da-lite tripod.

Great for all that have appartment setup.
@#$% UPS ripped me off 60$ CDN for brockerage.
Almost as much as I paid for shipping.
And 40% of the item value...
Item was too big for USPS.

Anyway I got nice focus 'box' done.
It has tight fit for lense and lense just glides in and out.
Friction holds it tight. Simple and stupid and functional...

Here are pictures of new screen and the box ...

250W still rocks ...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.