Can I fold this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! I've been wondering about this for a while... in order for me to fit the main board inside my box I'd need to fold an orange fcc-like orange ribbon... (2 times if I want the main board not to be upside-down) here is a pic:

Foldit.jpg

can I fold it with no harm? or should I try to just gently bend the cable?

also, I found a bulb in my region, but it's 11.5'' ! still, it has amazing specs, do you think I could fit it in?

Definitely don't fold it with a crease. That will most likely break the wire connections. Bending it gently (ie slowly) will probably be your best bet. There is also nothing wrong with the main board being up-side-down. That's how I have mine. Whatever you choose, just be careful and go slowly with those ribbon cables. Only bend them as many times as necessary.

superdaveumo said:
Definitely don't fold it with a crease. That will most likely break the wire connections. Bending it gently (ie slowly) will probably be your best bet. There is also nothing wrong with the main board being up-side-down. That's how I have mine. Whatever you choose, just be careful and go slowly with those ribbon cables. Only bend them as many times as necessary.
crap... I'll try and be gentle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.