diy rear projection tv

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well im interested in making RPTV from a PS1 lcd (sony panel) i was just gonna ask what sort of materials i would need, could i use a 5ich flood light as a light source. Also would i need a condenser lense if the light source (flood light) has a reflector and is the szie of the screen im using. Also what sort of layout would i need for the rptv? i know the projector goes on the ottom of the frame pointing to a mirror which then points onto a screen, what sort of materail would i need for the screen?

ps sorry i am a complete n00b to this but i got the determination to learn and build! :)

My RPTV has a huge fs mirror, a fresnel lens the size of the screen and a lenticular lens taped to that as the actual viewing side of the screen. I see old RPTV that people are throwing away sometimes in ally's and such. this would be the best place to source the materials you need. you could just take out the old electronics and guns and things and keep the fs mirror, enclosure, and screen/lenses.

http://www.lighting-direct.co.uk/shop.asp?cat=188

Would the 500 watt bulb on this page with a flood light be suitable as a light source?

How would i protect the the lcd from UV?

Also does any1 know where to get lenses mirrors etc... from online that could be ordered to the uk?

I will look around for thrown away RPTV although i never seen one on the street as waste before :whazzat:

Thanks for the help so far, keep in mind i am a n00b !!!!! :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.