I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
RE: It's a gamble (post 1233)

Hello,

As an update to my last post about my experience with these replacements failing (post #1233), I just got my factory replacement and it works fine, so it wasn't a problem with my projector. As far as lamp life goes, as we all know, only time will tell! I'll post another update in 1000 hours. :D

Hi jck
Did you hook up a couple of wires to the lamp and check voltage while it is running ?
If you do , do not check voltage while it's going through the startup phase.
It might be a good idea to document voltage for your own records and maybe share the results on the fourm too for future reference.
All the Best!,
Dumbfounded

Hi ywh,

I will start by measuring the voltage after startup. I actually still have one of the spare tubes that you sent me before that I wasn't going to use. I suppose one thing I could do would be to run jumper wires to the tube outside the projector and try it. What is the startup voltage when the tube is initially fired? I'm a little worried about a high voltage arc between the jumper wires on startup.

I ran it for about 15 minutes and then shut it off. It was not mounted in the reflector, it was just hooked up in open air with jumper wires and a fan blowing on it. After I shut it off I slightly touched one of the jumper wires and the tube exploded. I think the glass must get soft during use so any movement at all while they are still hot can cause them to explode. I was surprised by how hot they get. It was sitting on a ceramic plate with a fan blowing on it, and the wooden table underneath the plate had a burn spot about 3cm in diameter. :eek:

my experience with Infocus X1

Hi Guys
I had an infocus bulb go <500hours... then i had the power supply board s**t itself another 100 hours or so down the line.. got it fixed then decided to use a UPS on the projector and havent had a problem since.. i blow an external fan on it all the time and clean filter every 2 weeks.. every time i clean filter more of the reflective coating flakes of the coating.
Point being?
Use a UPS, these things a v sensitive to voltage spikes etc i have had the replacement bulb for 1700 hours now not a problem.. anyone who has a continually blowing bulb should use a UPS
Hope this helps
Regards
Nick

Hi I recieved my replacement bulb from YWH the other day and I'm ready to install it. I was wondering if anybody think that I can use "ceramic metal" instead of the included cement. The reason is that the customs in Norway had opened the bag of cement sent with the bulb from YWH to "see what it was" and there was not much left when it got to me. The "ceramic metal" is a mix of two comoponents that you blend. They are like gum, and when you mix them they become hard like metal after 10 minutes. This material can take temeratures up to 160 degrees celcius. Do you think I can use this?

And by the way, when switching original lamp with replacement, how do I identify which is which wire?

Greetings from Norway - emi78

I think you can use it for now, but I am also afraid, that you will not be able to do more replacements with this reflector. I´ve used metal ceramics ones and few weeks ago when I was looking for a some spare reflector I found this and I did not find any way how to remove the metal ceramic filler from the reflector. Do you know about any way how to remove/melt/soft it?

Mark the wire prior replacement and than connect them the same way onto a bulb again. The wire with A sign(marked only sometimes) belongs to the screw at the end of the bulb.

Sharp C30 lamp

Hi YWH? I posted her about a Lilliput issue I was having which I fixed on my own after some research. My question is about getting a replacement lamp for a Sharp PG-C30XU projector, i saw that someone already asked and you suggested SHP is the best choice. Do you have any of these still? How much, my e-mail is (removed by mod at members request) Sorry, for weird way of writing e-mail, but then it gets picked up and I get lots of spam from wrong people looking through this awesome site. thanks and hope to hear from you at some point.
By the way I can pay through paypal, just let me know.

-M

Hello again!

I bought a very cheap projector with a working bulb that is 123 hours used only.

The model is LG LP-XG2. An XGA projector!

I saw that it is in your list in victoreyed thread.

The bulb model is JYd150/A.C.

How much is this? Does this include the lamp and the reflector?
( I prefer one with reflector and lamp housing included. )

I may need to buy now because lamp life is only 1500 hours.

The bulb is only 150w and the projected image is shockingly very very bright! I may need to sell it gain aft erevaluating it for a few more hours because it doesn't fit my need. It hurt my eyes when watching in dim room.

I still prefer my diyprojector and would you believe, is much better in contrast, blacks and image detail and color accuracy, though lower in brightness, is much comfortable to watch during the night.

Hi Ri7
Epson ELP-3000:150W Metal Halide,it need JYS, but I dont know AC or DC
is it Benq MP6100, MP6100 need 200W JYS/DC,$40 each, shipping is $5

Hi hertzblaster
LG LP-XG2 need JYd150/A.C. $60 each, shipping is $5.include the lamp ,without the reflector, I dont know what size is your reflector.

Infocus LP-340 need JYs275/D.C. $40 each, shipping is $5

Hi YWH? Thanks for getting back to me, I did not receive an e-mail to let me know that anyone had replied, even though I subscribed to the forum.

OK, I'm set to send you $ through paypal, who do I send it to and is there an e-mail that I can get in touch with you easier? Or is this forum the way to communicate with you?

I noticed you have yuweihua@163.net but not sure if that it the best way to contact you?

Thanks again...I guess I just need one for now, so this will take 1 month or more to ship to New York, NY, USA?

-Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.