I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

The user guide for the Panasonic PT-AE700 says it uses a 130W UHM lamp. The UHM lamp is most probably an AC lamp, so you'd need a 130W JYd AC bulb for the replacement. I don't know which wattage values ywh has, so again, please wait for ywh to confirm this.

The AE700 user manual can be found here (click "Operating Intructions").....

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webap...T-AE700U&surfCategory=Home Theater Projectors

(Page 29 shows the specifications.)

The specs for the NEC VT47 on Projector Central says it uses a 145W DC lamp, but the specs on the NEC site say it uses a 130W DC lamp, so that's a strange one. The one thing we can assume is that it's a DC lamp, and also probably a JYd lamp, but the question is which wattage bulb to use for replacement?

Again, I don't know how many different wattage ratings ywh has for the bulbs, but if it was me, I'd rather trust the specs on the NEC site and go with a 130W JYd DC bulb (if ywh has one?)

OzOnE.

Edit: forgot to add the link to the NEC specs!......

http://www.nec-pj.com/products/vt/index47.html

@ctx1001.... You won't find "JYd DC" on the projector's own specs - JYd DC is the type of bulb you will need from ywh to replace your NEC bulb with.

Hi, Joe.... It looks like you will need to ask for a 150W JYd AC bulb from ywh if you want to try replacing the bulb in your ViewSonic PJ. (UHP lamps are very common these days, and AFAIK, you will always need a JYd AC bulb to replace a UHP bulb.)

It's always best to try to get the lamp specs from the projector's own user guide though.

btw, when I say "lamp", I generally mean the whole lamp assembly which includes the reflector and the bulb which fits inside it. :)

Please wait for ywh to reply on the forum if you want a bulb, or you could try to PM him? Also, please keep in mind that I don't have direct contact with ywh, and I only reply here about the "bulb type" questions using my limited knowledge of them to try to help people out a bit!

OzOnE.

Hi ! victor-eyd
OK ! I will give you a new one.
send the original picyure to me, yuweihua@163.net http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid217/pa87aae7deb8d5b6b14f937a1f5ed9853/ec60abb4.jpg

note which end is the biger electrode.

mattdb
yes! OzOnE_2k3 is right, the Panasonic PT-AE700 says it uses a 130W UHM lamp,my JYd AC bulb is like this bulb, they are same type. but my JYd AC bulb is copy from UHP. UHP was mabe in PHILLIP, UHM is from other company. so there is some risk if you get a jyd to replace UHM.

Hi ! ctx1001
we have no this DC lamp, sorry.

Hi joe2000chevy
the JYD/AC bulb can replace you UHP.

THANK OzOnE_2k3 !

ywh said:
mattdb
yes! OzOnE_2k3 is right, the Panasonic PT-AE700 says it uses a 130W UHM lamp,my JYd AC bulb is like this bulb, they are same type. but my JYd AC bulb is copy from UHP. UHP was mabe in PHILLIP, UHM is from other company. so there is some risk if you get a jyd to replace UHM.

THANK OzOnE_2k3 ! [/B]

OK, what kind of risk are we talking about. Looks from my lamp that it would be difficult to remove as it has some "epoxy" holding it in place.

Matt

When its time to replace a lamp

Here is an important tip for those using ywh's lamp and having to either (a) replace it or (b) re-align it and used muffler mender or similar as the paste.

Soak the lamp in water for a few hours. This will effectively soften and break up the mender paste leaving you with a totally clean lamp assembly. Just put the lamp in a bowl with just enough water to cover the mender paste.

Just remember to completely dry before reapplying new mender paste.:D

DO NOT try to chip away or chisel out the paste! This will only result in you either breaking the lamp assembly or the ceramic shell!!

Victor

Success!! Thamks ywh!

Learning from my 1st install, I made sure to NOT repeat the mistakes and hopefully succeed in installing one of ywh's lamp.

The projector is a Sharp XGE1000UB. I got it free from someone who just didn't need it and the lamp was about ready to fail (which it did). Nothing fancy about the pj, 640x480 resolution, so-so contrast ratio, but it was free, and it was a good projector in its time. Very rugged, much larger than today's types, but had cool features like a powered lens shift.

To start, take the original lamp assembly and soak in water. Don't drown it but just enough so that the water starts to soften the clay. I had mine suspended over a coffee cup.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

This should take a few (3-5) hours. I didn't warm up the water but it may possibly reduce times. It wouldn't matter either way. Once you take it out, dry completely and start to scratch away the original clay. It may require further dunks into the water but it will all come off
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Now is the the tricky part. Once you get ywh's lamp, you need to find a replacement clay to hold the lamp in place. Some have suggested muffler mender. I do NOT recommend this. The mender is so much softer than clay that the weight of bulb itself will move it out of position. Also mender is very gloppy, and you're almost likely to get it on the lamp assembly itself or jst overall make a mess of the procedure.

I used this- this is a high grade sculptor's clay. It says no drying because until its baked in an oven, it will remain plyable. However, it is very firm when you take out a pice, so use your hands or even toss in the microwave for 5 or so seconds to soften it up.

See how much better it looks than using muffler mender

Finally, reinstall and fire up the pj. BTW- the clay will stink for awhile as it starts to bake, so keep the windows open and a fan in the room:hot:

Victor

Hi, Victor.....

With my lamps from ywh, I got some syringes of the plaster stuff included with them? It looks like a fairly standard plaster, but I don't know much about this sort of thing.

@ywh, do you know if the plaster / cement you sent me has a brand name at all, or is it standard stuff?

btw, my Sharp PJ had problems starting the lamp the other day... I hadn't used it in a while, and when I first switched it on, the lamp started, but the ignition pulses continued on for a little longer than usual, the lamp then went out again after a few minutes, so I tried it again and the same thing happened. After the third try though, it seemed to work fine and a watched a two hour movie on it?

I wish I knew how these things actually work, but what I can say is that it worked much better the first time I installed the bulb into the reflector than it seems to now. (I had to remove the bulb and re-install it because the back connection was shorting out against the fan!)

Maybe I didn't put enough plaster around the bulb to hold it solidly as I think the bulb needs a consistant amount around it to make sure the bulb and plaster expands at an even rate when working? (does that make sense?)

Anyway, the bulb still works, but I'm still worried about which is the best method of fitting them. I really wouldn't recommend muffler mender - it doesn't look like the right sort of stuff to me at all.

OzOnE.

Hi all,

Victor!
How did you remove the glass panel from the front of the tube?

My Sanyo Z1's bulb has a very solid glass in front of the tube and
I see nothing else that holds it on the bulb, as some kind of a thin white isolation/insulation rubber strip or something similar underneath. I have no idea how to remove it without applying brut force.

Any idea anybody else ? :confused:

Joepapa

Joepapa,

There was no glass panel in front of my lamp assembly. My guess is to remove it you might need a blade to slice off the adhesive or whatever is holding it down. Another possibility is the back of the assembly keeps the glass panel in place and if you remove the assembly the panel simply falls off.

Victor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.