I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Guys,
I have been researching the components for a DIY projector for some time now and have found what will hopefully be the ideal bulb. I currently am running an OHP (Dukane 667) with a 15" lcd panel (removed optics and light source assy. and mounted in my own box). The OHP uses a 400w EVD bulb, it has been properly setup by the manufacture to withstand the heat from the 400w halogen and also utilises a reflector, condensor, a piece of heat protective glass, fresnel lens and a triplet lens with an optional magnifier..

As the EVD bulbs diamater is approx. 18mm with an approx. fillament diamater of 5mm, I set out to find a substitute Metal Halide bulb which could fit into this spacing (as the optics are set for these distances). I did found a number of bulbs, but the problem is that most have a short lamp life i.e. high running costs.

(Aus dollars)

HMP 400 DE $238
33000 lm
18mm dia
750 hours
dollars per hours: .31

HMP 575 DE $307
49000lm
25mm dia
1000 @ 400w
dollars per hours: .307

HTI 300W / DEL $370
20000lm
16mm diameter
3000hours
dollars per hours: .123

HMI 575w GS $254.20
49000 lm
21mm diamater
1000hours
dollars per hours: .254

EVD $22
13000 lm
14500 initial lumens
100 hours?
dollars per hours: .22

EHJ $7
8000 Initial lumens
100 hours
dollars per hours: .07

As the above show, the HTI 300w del not only is similar is bulb diamater it also has a short arc gap of 5mm. I havn't as yet bought the bulb, but will more than likley buy it this week. To run this bulb you simply need an 18uF cap (AC motor run type cap), 2 X 150w ballasts wired in parallel (see spec sheet for brands) and 1 igniter.

I hope this info helps, I thought I had better put in some input instead of just reading everyone elses ideas.

Cheers
Cezza

cezza said:

HTI 300W / DEL $370
20000lm
16mm diameter
3000hours
dollars per hours: .123

"UHP" 250W US$40
2000lm
10mm diameter
2500hr
3.7mm arc
dollars per hours: US$0.02

with a 220v-240v ballast it is only US$125 + ~$16 shipping

I really don't see why use HTI instead of the lamp we got here, especially you are in Australia. (We, people in USA, cann't use it yet because of voltage issue.)

by the way, a couple of our members in Australia will get this "UHP" lamp soon. we will see how it performs.

ha ha ha!!!!

i can get it ,and i can send it for you!a new ballast,it can be used everyplace, everycountry!

Attachments

• 1327.jpg
    1327.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 2,124

Attachments

• 1334.jpg
    1334.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,119
DLP

I want to use this lamp for a dlp projector I think with the colour wheel I could get problems with interfererance with 50hz like a raster line if I use a transformer type balast. I think a high frequency or DC is needed the balast in the picture looks like a high frequency switch mode supply i think this should be ok

of course I could be totaly wrong

any ideas on this would be good

Hi YWH,

i just got a Dream Vision DL500 starlight DLP Projector.

do the manufacturer have a 120W UHP lamp?

i bought this as used condition with only 50 hrs. of lamp usage ( i hope it's true) i still have 1950 hours to figure out how to DIY the UHP lamp :)

thanks in advance.

rmpmla

i have not open the projector yet. also i tried to search the net but no luck in getting the exact image for the lamp.

i plan to DIY the lamp based from the pictures you have attached where the lamp is inserted inside the module/reflector.

was thinking if a 120W UHP replacement lamp is available, then i don't need to worry about the power supply. but if not, then i have to get an replacement lamp with a power supply, maybe a 150W UHP?

can we do swich to this lamp like Eco mode in commerical projector?

This will give less light but also less heat, less fan noise and more lamp life. In commerical projectror 2500h lamp can last in Eco ~3500h! and people say the light loss is not so big.

We can use power resistor so after to lamp is on (for about 3 min, so the lamp will be hot) there will be a swich that will give about 200W to the lamp and 50W to the resistor.

Power resistor:

Attachments

• alumhoused2trans.gif
    alumhoused2trans.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,558
Re: Re: ha ha ha!!!!

rmpmla said:
i have not open the projector yet. also i tried to search the net but no luck in getting the exact image for the lamp.

i plan to DIY the lamp based from the pictures you have attached where the lamp is inserted inside the module/reflector.

was thinking if a 120W UHP replacement lamp is available, then i don't need to worry about the power supply. but if not, then i have to get an replacement lamp with a power supply, maybe a 150W UHP?

I can get 120W UHP lamp for you,It can be started in your Dream Vision DL500 starlight DLP Projector.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Dream_Vision-DL500_Starlight.htm
http://qicai2000.com/qicai/picture/dl500.jpg

Video Freak said:
I have a 120w UHP projector and a extra lamp I will take Some pictures of the lamp Tomorrow and post them. :)
OK!

Pagercam said:

What is this new ballast? If it supports 100V can it be ordered in small quanties 1-5??? How much would a bulb and ballast cost?
yes, it supports 100V.
the cost http://home.earthlink.net/~18wheeler/

shlomid said:
can we do swich to this lamp like Eco mode in commerical projector?

This will give less light but also less heat less fan noise and more lamp life. In commerical projectror 2500h lamp can last in Eco ~3500h! and people say the light loss is not so big.

we can use power resistor so after to lamp is on (for about 3 min, so the lamp will be hot) there will be a swich that will give about 200W to the lamp and 50W to the resistor.

Power resistor:

This lamp is the lamp of commerical projectror . but it not has famous brand

:smash:

Re: Re: Re: ha ha ha!!!!

ywh said:

I can get 120W UHP lamp for you,It can be started in your Dream Vision DL500 starlight DLP Projector.
http://www.projectorcentral.com/Dream_Vision-DL500_Starlight.htm
http://qicai2000.com/qicai/picture/dl500.jpg

Thanks ywh :).

Wow! this would be the easiest route for my DIY project. i put on-hold my Psone projector since i bought the DL500 (of course, at a very cheap price:D ). And my only worry about the DL500 is the lamp replacement cost. Your effort in sourcing/posting for alternative lamps would really help

Also, thanks for the link. that is the same projector that i have.

can you e-mail on how i can buy/order the 120W UHP lamp. my e-mail is rmpmla@yahoo.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.